How about a photo of your favorite Valentine?

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    edited February 2016
    I don't understand the objection to pictures on a forum when people see you all day every day in public, they could even legally take your picture then post it online! :p
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    Rick88 wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Glad you are enjoying the Marantz! I couldn't help but notice the volume level, do you really listen at +16.5? :o

That's 16.5 when it's set to display on a scale of 0 to 98, I noticed that setting in the options and I'd rather have the number go from 0 to a higher number than backwards, and at 16.5 in that setting, it's quiet...around 70 is uncorking it nicely.

That makes more sense! :)

Yeah, no + beside the 16.5 should be a giveaway there lol :)

Yeah, I forgot that some AVRs allow you to change the volume scale...

Above 11? Blasphemy...
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    tcn6rnwni4p2.jpg

My wife of seven months. She is in the middle.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I don't understand the objection to pictures on a forum when people see you all day every day in public, they could even legally take your picture then post it online! :p

Kind of like those idiots that put their car online for sale but blur the license plate. Ya know... Not like you drive around all day everyday with your license plate flashing around to everyone.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,985
    I'm waiting for a single guy to post a picture of one of his hands....
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Wife and daughter in Chapel Hill for a ballgame. I am inexplicably blessed.
    10307396_10153294216638465_5575875283621388523_n.jpg?oh=0a4471c7322e2e8e2a1e7b8684f0e4ab&oe=5767F0FA
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    VC you kinda remind me of Steve jobs in that pic, your probably a really good dad as everyone looks bright and cheerful.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,985
    I already did :o

I guess if your non dominating hand looks like that... I could see why
  • polkfarmboy
    Found these but they are not full resolution as they must be on disk. These were taken by a profesional about 14 years ago. Were all getting older but even when my wifes an old lady I still think she will have that classy hot look. r2cx3d0crpkq.jpg
    t5uix8dvw9rn.jpg
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    Careful PFB or youll be the next contestant
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Wife and daughter in Chapel Hill for a ballgame. I am inexplicably blessed.
    10307396_10153294216638465_5575875283621388523_n.jpg?oh=0a4471c7322e2e8e2a1e7b8684f0e4ab&oe=5767F0FA

....and a lucky man you are. Two beautiful women there pal. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    Hey Tony! How about a shot of the unlucky woman who lost a bet and got stuck with you. ;)
  • polkfarmboy
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Careful PFB or youll be the next contestant

I never worry about that, not that I am a great looking guy or nothing but I treat her right. There is so many good looking blondies round these parts with that Norwegian heritage. Being blond also means she is a crazy fiesty physco lol.

I have had people I though genuinly cared for me only to have my wife tell me that they tried to get with her behind my back.
  • boston1450
    edited February 2016
    I was joking. Wouldnt want to read PFB's wife kicks his b-u-t-t & now this skinny jeans guy sleeps in his convertible Porsche near frozen
  • boston1450
    Well its not Valentines day anymore & it doesnt need to be in my house. My lovely wife of 25 years & family (Rebecca wasnt born in picture yet) l4qbydzxa0gf.jpeg Rebecca is now 20 & still at home :)0av4cid4ybiu.jpeg

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    I feel bad for all of you's with pretty young daughters, how many of you keep shotguns and/or baseball bats by the front door to scare away the boys? :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    My Valentine Sweet Heart for the past 29 years

IMG_4298_zpswdmoipjd.jpg
  • tonyb
    edited February 2016
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Hey Tony! How about a shot of the unlucky woman who lost a bet and got stuck with you. ;)

LOL.....She's not too keen about putting pics on the internet of herself, but I'll try and find an....appropriate one.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    My wife wouldn't be happy posting pics of her but here is a pic of my daughter and soon future son in-law.....really proud of these two and they are perfect together.

vg5fvh86kj7l.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ob9zsmwt5xwb.jpg
    Engagement pic 24 years ago. Way above my paygrade IMO (excuse the mullet)
  • tonyb
    Some likeness there to your Avatar...lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ken brydson
    tonyb wrote: »

Except my hand wasn't down my pants back then...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    ob9zsmwt5xwb.jpg
    Engagement pic 24 years ago. Way above my paygrade IMO (excuse the mullet)

No worries Ken. Y'all have seen that monster mullet I had. She's a beut!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,580

Yeah back then HERS was... How times change :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    You should of entered that in the show me your mullet thread I started a couple of years ago :# . !!!! Hope you spoiled her yesterday.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ken brydson

Yeah back then HERS was... How times change :wink:

Got that right. Enjoy your youth brother...
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598

Kinda reminded me of that other dude from Wham.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited February 2016
    https://youtu.be/9abYzI9ycjk
    halo71 wrote: »

Kinda reminded me of that other dude from Wham.

Lmao, I was thinking one of the Kemp twins but after you said that the cover art for the song "Everything she wants" by Wham instantly popped into my head.

Halo have you not mentioned to me you have a smoking hot dolly bird? I think its high time you uploaded!
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598
    smdh....
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.