How about a photo of your favorite Valentine?

I'll start :smiley:

This is my wife of 40+ years in the summer of '75 near KC, Mo. a few months before we were married. An oldie but still my favorite picture of a beautiful woman.

a7rvxvsek033.jpg
Mona.jpg 703.1K

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    zjqwlbz4x0wy.jpg
    x5k2t3j9c1ps.jpg
    yl3y4z7xsvpj.jpg

Here she is about 5 years ago such a fake smile how was I to know that the gorilla slippers were not a good Idea for Christmas present she kept complaining her feet were cold, the big shocker was seeing them at my daughter's garage sale a few months later.

I made it up to her last October got her this here truck, hey at 56 she still has it together, we play this thing called the hitchhiker, where she drives around the block I stand on the street with my thumb out she picks me up and then she drives to some secluded spot and we (nevermind) She is my valentine and I still love her.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    Hey Jimbo who's that guy with the tank top in the passenger seat ? Nice looking gal you got there treat her right this valentine's day.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Hey Jimbo who's that guy with the tank top in the passenger seat ? Nice looking gal you got there treat her right this valentine's day.

That's just a much slmmer version of me with my trusty 35mm Mamiya-Sekor. If you look at her glasses and the rear door, you can see I made several appearances. Maybe that's why I like it so much ;)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    c9we5dyww1m0.jpg
    I'm leaning over, she's on her tip toes.
    Small pack of TNT. ;)
  • gudnoyez
    After a second look your right you do make several appearances, I also see a bucket of KFC bet you both were on your way to a private picnic >:)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Talkin' 'bout my girl......
    Sandy and me at a recent Chamber of Commerce outing (with a BLUES band!)

bzycc2cydpdz.jpg
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I would post a picture of a beer keg but if you seen one you've seen em all.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,608
    In the spirit of the original post.

Here's Mrs. H back when she was still Ms P.
    I like this photo (even though it's not a great picture). This was her "engagement photo" (1982) which I took, developed and printed myself. I had only recently learned how to develop and print film, and I had easy access to a very good darkroom in grad school, so I went through a (brief) DIY phase.

25001257086_fbec900c4f.jpgsjph82 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Here's Mrs H a few years later -- dealing with the results of a just-ended blizzard on Valentine's Day in 2014 :- )

12525628204_de6cc59b30_b.jpgDSC_8760 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

(Let the record show that I was shovelin' too! Just took a wee break to snap a few incriminating photos.)

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,546
    edited February 2016
    Circa 5 years ago....

Luckiest man in the world.

kdhirjtv390g.jpg

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Here is my wife, Mrs. Thing Tugent.
    She's always willing to give me a hand moving speakers.

4r6pc9pw9j83.jpg
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Here's my favorite valentine.....
    zlrnfp.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,985
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Circa 5 years ago....

kdhirjtv390g.jpg

What, no shorts? Oh guess you saved that for the night....
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,546
    Willow wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Circa 5 years ago....

kdhirjtv390g.jpg

What, no shorts? Oh guess you saved that for the night....

I clean up well jerks haha
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • gudnoyez
    Wow Mr H you got it made, your lovley wife digging you out on valetines day and all, after she gets the car cleaned off and has a path ready so you can drive out you better take her to some place fancy for Dinner <3 that's love.

I took my valentine out for Gyros we have this little place in town that has some pretty good ones. Its been snowing all day on the drive home I mentioned how nice it would be if she helped me shovel she said yeah right hurry up and get it done so we can watch movies. You got it made treat her like a queen.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    My wife forbids pics so I took a couple with my tablet.. g80b1cj44e2q.jpg
    yvxc2xe00q0w.jpg
  • polkfarmboy
    She for sure wont like this oneqd5t7g3edv44.jpg
  • polkfarmboy
    Rick thats her lil sisters kids, we wont be having any. She will slaughter me if she seen that last pic lol.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Wow PFB. Take care of her, she's a catch.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

This is my wife of 40+ years in the summer of '75 near KC, Mo. a few months before we were married. An oldie but still my favorite picture of a beautiful woman.

a7rvxvsek033.jpg

I didn't actually propose to her, she did to me. It went something like this

Me: Why yes, I do have several nicknames - Jim, Jimbo, Dumbo and Tripod.
    She: Will you marry me?
    Me: I was only kidding about that last one.
    She: You had me at Dumbo.
    Me: But I travel a lot.
    She: You have heard of direct deposit, haven't you?
    Me: Yes, but won't you get, you know, frisky when I am away?
    She: You weren't kidding about that Dumbo, were you?
    Me: Okay, I'll marry you.

At least, I think it went something like that.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,985
    PFB, send me some gear before I let her know she's on here.... it's pretty ballzeee putting it up. You better hope she doesn't find out or you'll end up looking like your Porsche
  • Nightfall
    Don't think you can have the picture removed either, I already saved it for black mail purposes. That Marantz turntable you were trying to sell will make the picture disappear from my computer.

• afterburnt

a7rvxvsek033.jpg

I didn't actually propose to her, she did to me. It went something like this

Me: Why yes, I do have several nicknames - Jim, Jimbo, Dumbo and Tripod.
    She: Will you marry me?
    Me: I was only kidding about that last one.
    She: You had me at Dumbo.
    Me: But I travel a lot.
    She: You have heard of direct deposit, haven't you?
    Me: Yes, but won't you get, you know, frisky when I am away?
    She: You weren't kidding about that Dumbo, were you?
    Me: Okay, I'll marry you.

At least, I think it went something like that.

Outfuggingstanding!
  • The love of my life...been married going on 11 years.
    hrak3sg6kr4g.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • kwpg6x3a0ghk.jpg
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Fluance bipolar Rear Surrounds FluanceXF8 Bookshelf Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    Rick88 wrote: »
    PFB, great looking family!

I sure hope for your sake that she doesn't view this forum... :p

Pic came with the frame...
  • Nightfall
    edited February 2016
    @jeremymarcinko She doesn't look amused that you're taking her picture.

• afterburnt
    Nightfall wrote: »

Hey Dawg she looks as cute as all get out.
  • I guess not...
    Maybe this one on vacation at ft. Myers beach. No not here either
    4vzjb8ihb578.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall wrote: »

Hey Dawg she looks as cute as all get out.

I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. Just that she has that "Why are you taking my picture right now?" look. :D