TriangleArt Reference SE prototype in the house!

Options

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    is mothers better than Fitz? I seen some amazing finishes with Fitz.

Can't say, I did just pick up a jar of Mothers and it's put a very nice finish on my Stainless TT Platter. I think the Billet product is better for this application than the "Mag and Aluminum" polish.

I'm sure that Fitz would do the same! just never tried it.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The arm is here and it looks spectacular. I have the cable coming for it next week, which should give me the time needed to get a new arm board made for it. I will be using half inch billet aluminum instead brass so that I can replicate the turret design of the three caps that secure the feet to the table. It should unify the overall look of the table.

The cable chosen was the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval Phono in 1.5 meter length.

The antication is killing me!
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options

Mothers is great stuff! Did my Altered wheels with it...and the inside of a Lian Li full tower, my Lenco platter.

A soap and water wash with micro fiber wipe after polishing gets all the black smudge stuff off. Motorized application is the easiest, although for tight spots it's hand polish.

trailer_car.jpg

polishplatter.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Some photos of the Conquerer Tonearm...d2tl3cqfcrkl.jpg
    bsdjycz8vfk7.jpg
    4m3t5dmcsg4d.jpg
    xibmx410idsl.jpg
    w9thczu8t9b0.jpg
    nybelmsj0att.jpg
    odjgkm5edq2b.jpg
    bsc1e0lbrnj4.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Thanks man. I am so excited to get it set up. I am having a new arm board machined now that will properly fit the new arm, and the cable will be here on Monday. This weekend will be spent fitting and measuring the arm, making all the adjustments I can without actually hearing it.

Monday feels like a month away right now.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Platter mat, weight and stylus tracking weight scale on the way

• Dennis Gardner
    Options
    Looks like it is coming together nicely, John. Congrats on the step up!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    Looks sweet! I'm sure you'll be reconsidering the location in about 2.5 yrs once your little one starts walking. Oh and is born first.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Looks sweet! I'm sure you'll be reconsidering the location in about 2.5 yrs once your little one starts walking. Oh and is born first.

Eh, John will just put a gate up/around it all, or put a shockcollar on em :smile:.....

That or he will spend a significant amount of time training them to be able to search for, find, put on and flip LP's and also bring him a beer...

AKA his own little remote robot :smiley:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2016
    Options
    A little Mini-Me, Dan? What an excellent idea. Mwaaaaaahahahahahaha. We shall rule the world!

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Ask John what the first album will be...Hehehe ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ask John what the first album will be...Hehehe ;)

Lady GaGa would be my bet :grin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    That TT and arm are tougher than socks on a chicken. Looking schweet John!
    Now I'm getting that vinyl itch....
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

You sure THATS what your itch is from and not your late night romps with women of the night :wink: ...

I've heard penicillin cures most of those itches lol....

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

You sure THATS what your itch is from and not your late night romps with women of the night :wink: ...

I've heard penicillin cures most of those itches lol....

Crabs...shave one half and set fire to the other. Stab 'em when they run for cover.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The anticipation is driving me nuts right now...
    u3zku9i7gnhx.jpg
    g62vs6pnr79z.jpg
    j3blwg5dq29i.jpg
    g92h39c0rgkk.jpg
    le8h6802qmot.jpg
    7jvfc12qun8e.jpg
    Some more pictures with the Tonearm in place...

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Man that looks sharp
    A lot better without the brass arm board

(We need a thumbs up emoticon)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Basic setup is all dialed in except for tracking force and overhang. I have a gauge coming to measure that on Wednesday. All I need now is that damn cable.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    LOL :#:#:#

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Stunning
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    I should be able to pay you in 15 days. Hope you're all setup by then. o:)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Cable Monday!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2016
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Cable Monday!!!

Delayed in shipping... Tracking is showing Wednesday

• txcoastal1
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Cable Monday!!!

Delayed in shipping... Tracking is showing Wednesday

:'(

• nooshinjohn
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ready for business. The overhang is set. Tracking force set to 1.9g... Cable still two days out, and the record weight is coming from Germany next week, but Wednesday is going to be a very good day.

23x8c2riult0.jpg
    l1m5rb7t6bpq.jpg

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    That thing gives me a chubby. What a work of art.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    That thing gives me a chubby. What a work of art.

Pics or it didn't happen. Wait, what? Nevermind...
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Record clamp from Germany!?! Wha in da hey-ll di chu by? Everyone knows that German record clamp have the highest oil change costs of all record clamps.

Might i suggest running down to the local dunkin donuts and grab a stale pumpkin spiced donut. Wet it for added weight. No need to wait till next week.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The cable is out for delivery....

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    The cable is out for delivery....
    count down is ON!