Cary Audio Design SLP-05 Two-Chassis Remote Control Linestage Excellent in Jaguar Anthracite Black!!

2»

Comments

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Joey_V wrote: »
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, GCE, and everyone! The 05 is still for sale for a few more days before it's going back into the temp controlled storage. I have a dedicated room at home just to store Audio Toys! :smile:

Dedicated storage... Crazy talk

:p Crazy people do crazy things! lol
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Back in storage ? Blasphemy....she needs to be enjoyed by someone. Believe me gents, If I had the cash right now I'd be knockin' over small children and pushing the elderly down flights of stairs to make it to his door....and that's before I even got out of my neighborhood.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    What, banned??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer wrote: »
    What, banned??

Why??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    Me thinks someone is playing with their profile pic
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer wrote: »
    Me thinks someone is playing with their profile pic

He has really nice gear and puter skills to boot as compared to mine.
  • megasat16
    Tomorrow is the last day available guys and gals! It won't be for sale till I decide to put it up again. It's a shame it'll be left sitting in the boxes for a few months. Well, all thanks for the rosy pictures of the today's economy!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    You can't post here 'cause you're banned! >:)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    F1nut wrote: »

And his shield has Cary misspelled.

• megasat16
    The SLP-05 is off the market till further notice, folks!

I know, right? I am taking a self imposed banned for a few months now. :wink:
    footwedge wrote: »

And his shield has Cary misspelled.

Yep, me love a new shiny badge! :D

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    So you and the Cary are going into hibernation ? We'll wake ya up late spring, maybe the Cary will be a Karma then. ;) Which...in with 69.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    tonyb wrote: »
    So you and the Cary are going into hibernation ? We'll wake ya up late spring, maybe the Cary will be a Karma then. ;) Which...in with 69.

Karma! I'm in!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Im in for karma also. Verry generous for a banned person.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    This is funnier than Joey's shorts :p. I bet that cary will never come out of hibernation: a challenge to Megasat16. And if it does, hopefully I'll then have the speakers to do it justice.
  • megasat16
    Very funny guyz!
    footwedge wrote: »
    This is funnier than Joey's shorts :p. I bet that cary will never come out of hibernation: a challenge to Megasat16. And if it does, hopefully I'll then have the speakers to do it justice.

Yes, it'll be available for sale again. Just not now. I am a Desert Bear so I hibernate during the summer. I fattened myself in the whole Winter and the early Spring so it'll be time for a very long nap soon.

• Joey_V
    What kind of bear are you again??
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Mega.. I am interested for a friend. We need to talk price.
  • Joey_V
    He really did hybernate... He wasn't joking...
  • Joey_V
    Man he really did hybernate... Lol.

Got w buyer for this
  • Joey_V
    Will someone wake up the bear so I can buy his 05 from him??
  • Joey_V
    Wake up mega... Let's talk about the 05...
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    I have one of these preamps lol.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    halo wrote: »

Its poor taste to post other units thats in competition with the op's for sale item. What if he decides to post again this unit ends at $3000? You just undermined the op's price and jepordise his sale? You really should send a pm if you want to play fetch for your audio master.
  • halo
    halo wrote: »

Its poor taste to post other units thats in competition with the op's for sale item. What if he decides to post again this unit ends at $3000? You just undermined the op's price and jepordise his sale? You really should send a pm if you want to play fetch for your audio master.
    I think you need to check yourself and take a time out.

The OP has decided NOT TO SELL his unit at this time. If he decides to sell it in a month, how do we know that the going rate for the unit won't be a different price? Do you have a crystal ball? Do you know what the market will dictate if, or when, the OP decides to sell?

The unit on eBay has a CURRENT BID of $3k and it is SIX DAYS AWAY FROM CONCLUSION. So, no harm, no foul and I certainly didn't intend to undermine his sale. Besides, it's an entirely different color and the listed item on eBay has blemishes. I,E, they aren't the same.

Have a nice night :smile:

BTW, If you don't like what I have to say, you are more than welcome to put me on your ignore list.

HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • megasat16
    Joey and others!

Sorry I haven't checked in to the CP for a while. Like I said, I am hibernating in overseas right now and won't probably be back in the States for a few more months. The best thing is there is no regular Internet where I am at now.

I'll update this thread when I am back in the States again.

Halo and PFB, no harm done in anyway!

• halo
    Hopefully I'll come into inheriting millions from a long lost royal relative in Nigeria (even though there's no history of Nigerian ancestry in my family whatsoever) or I'll win a lottery in Nigeria that I never entered which will allow me to have the funds to purchase this stellar pre!