Started the surgery on the 2.3TLs -plus a wiring question

13»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited February 2017
    You may not have to cut down the ones for the SRS's as it varies from Polk product runs it seems, so test fit first.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    From memory i think the SRS i have done were also protruding ever so slightly as i remember thinking "Fire trUCK" they are the first version made by Polk.I'll let you know in the future if i have to cut them down.
    The second set of SRS's i have are the last version made so they may be right on the day, fingers crossed . When i have the other toys from Trey , i'll do everything on the day !
    I just ordered a 8-32 tungsten R handtap via eBay and let me tell you that trying to get anything in your sizes here down under from a hardware store is a drama,I drove around half a day when i should have let my fingers do the walking via the phone first!
  • stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    H9, Pitdog, and F1, you guys proved me wrong. Best placement is close to the front wall and closer together. In my case 6 to 7 inches works best - and closer together also - they are 6 feet apart which leaves me just under 3 feet on one side and 4 feet on the other.

I also found my Classe stereo amp sounds better with the standard IC cable versus the AI-1 cable. Classe is also better than my Mcintosh mono’s with the A1-1 cable. So far not a fan of that cable...tried the baked potato tweak and it might have helped but I took the foil off to get a baseline first. Maybe I will try that again.

I am using them in strictly a 2 channle system with 90% vinyl and they sound excellent - especially when cranked up a bit, no strain whatsoever. Need more time with them. ;)
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's