Tube Integrate & Small Speakers Suggestions

Options
13»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    P.s. I have some 12AX7 tube suggestions for the Jolida when you're ready >:)o:)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Brock - Yeah, I'm so upset about the damaged corner. Other than that, they are darn near MINT!! I may check to see if the bezel can be replaced... then it'd just be the small ding on the corner of the wood cabinet - I can live with that.

Let me settle in with the stock tubes and then we'll talk about upgrades!! Looking forward to seeing what other tubes can do. I'll be in touch! I really do appreciate your willingness to help, but I fear my wallet may not!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Some pics... Need to build speaker stands and a base (to hide the coiled cables) under the amp and camouflage the cord yet...

My listening buddy (my youngest daughter) and I just had a short listening session. She asked if this system was going to be hers when she goes to college. Love that kid!

kmh5ybgzbzy9.jpeg
    v1awxrahkjr9.jpeg
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    Nice!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!