Making My Way In The Digital Domain But I'm Not Quite There Yet

2»

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Are you responding to me @DSkip?

JRiver is accessing the OriGen DAC (WASAPI). I configured it under tools-->audio in JRiver. Am I doing something wrong?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    halo wrote: »
    Are you responding to me @DSkip?

JRiver is accessing the OriGen DAC (WASAPI). I configured it under tools-->audio in JRiver. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope,, that the right way to config
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Squeezebox 3 huh... Love my classic! If your gonna look to sell it there is a chance I might be interested in it....

Also you could always have just used the digital out of the squeezebox to a DAC to improve things a bit too...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • halo
    Squeezebox 3 huh... Love my classic! If your gonna look to sell it there is a chance I might be interested in it....

Also you could always have just used the digital out of the squeezebox to a DAC to improve things a bit too...

I'll have to experiment and see what works the best
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    edited January 2016
    Hey all,

I had a few minutes to set up the wireless bridge as recommended by @EndersShadow and I'm pleased to report that everything is up and running away from my ISP's modem, which is across the room. I got a switch to go with the bridge and everything is connected and communicating / working splendidly.

I still have to configure the ROKU streaming sticks and I have to set up the JRemote on my iPhone. So far, so good.

Thanks again for all of the advice and input!!!

You all rock! :smile:
  • I'm always on the hunt for Squeezebox gear
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    And people say vinyl takes too much effort...
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • halo
    madmax wrote: »
    And people say vinyl takes too much effort...
    The difference is that, once your digital server is set, there's nothing left to do but enjoy the music. With vinyl, you have to constantly clean the records and maintain the turntable (replace needles / stylus / cartridge). IMHO, Vinyl is far more expensive and it's more challenging to find the material / media that is out of production. I respect you and your opinions Max, but these are two very different levels of difficulty as far as I am concerned. YMMV.