Add your best budget setup or surprise sound thread. Merry Christmas!

I use my iPod 160gb. A Fiio E11 amp for all my headphone listening. Best surprise great find (deal) headphones are the Vleve by Velodyne on ear headphones. I would rather wear over the ear but for $20.00 on sale they sound really good with my set up. I listen mostly to classic rock and newer music like that. I also found Xiaomi piston II & piston III ear buds. After about twenty hours of burn in they really sound great. You have to purchase from a reputable dealer because like anything from China ,lots of counterfeits. Retail for $26.00 w free shipping on a slow boat from China (three weeks). I have gotten my pairs on sale for $16.00 w FS @ Ibuygou is where I shop. Fiber cords ,aluminum driver cases,nice case. Peace. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    eciw5h0lh1lt.jpeg
    a7b382o3ahzv.jpeg
    e9b1wpz4l801.jpeg
    vfomc70ruei3.jpeg
    g27vpngq3oyw.jpeg
    e6uo3dpct7rl.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • I have a the headphone set up in my signature, all of the items purchased fairly frugally. And I have my 2 channel, monitor 5s, 50 bucks, ic cables made my zingo, purchased for a respectable price, rbh 1010Sep sub, used from sbpolk, hk3490, sources from trav, both at awesome prices, and my para, found on the gon, for 300ish after shipping, and some AQ speaker cables I made myself with wire and nanners bought on sale at the big retail store with the yellow sign. About 1300 into the 2 channel, 450 into the cans
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited December 2015
    The Vleve by Velodyne are the best headphones in the world for 20 bucks. I Would pay 100+ for them.

I got the same deal last year and man, what an awesome set of headphones. I did the same thing with the Fiio E07K for 100 bucks.

If you get bigger headphones the matching desktop Fiios amp/dock is worth it.
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-e09k
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I liked the Vleve so much that I bought the Vbold Bluetooth headphones for $35.00. You can use them with a cord or go wireless with Bluetooth device. I listen to all the new CDs I have in my music library on Amazon prime. I also just picked up the Samson SR80s for $25.00. They are great sound for the money and I can use them doing active outdoor activities with no worries. If I break them ,not much coin lost. Peace. D
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited December 2016
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I liked the Vleve so much that I bought the Vbold Bluetooth headphones for $35.00. You can use them with a cord or go wireless with Bluetooth device. I listen to all the new CDs I have in my music library on Amazon prime. I also just picked up the Samson SR80s for $25.00. They are great sound for the money and I can use them doing active outdoor activities with no worries. If I break them ,not much coin lost. Peace. D

How are the Velodyne headphones holding up?
    My wife got me a pair of Vquiets for Christmas this year.
    My collection now has 3 sets of headphones from this company.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I still have my vPulse IEMs that I got a couple years back for only $39.99 & they are the best IEMs I've owned to date. Velodyne makes some great products.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited December 2016
    I have a ipod classic 160 hook to a JDS/labs C5 portable amp and it rocks. My C5 does not have the DAC but I think it now only comes with a DAC.

I also use it with my Fifo-x5 which does hi/Rez

https://www.jdslabs.com/products/84/c5d-amplifier-dac/
    dfmze44h1yhd.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD