AUDIOGON or AUDIOGONE??

Options
2»

Comments

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Audiogon is not what it once was. I still like to buy and sell there as you have a dedicated market and people who love audio to death and know their stuff. However that being said, its getting smaller on there and was bad after they made their changes from the old site. I don't think it ever regained what it lost and doesn't appear to be doing as much business as before.

I've had 2 bad transactions and only one was on Audiogon (the other Videogon RIP). The Audiogon one the seller was newer but did have feedback. He sent me a pre amp that wasn't working properly and then argued it was fine but never tested the inputs/outputs I was having an issue with. I filed a paypal claim and they took care of it with no problems.

The other item was when I bought a blu ray player off Videogon. Guy never sent it and ended up filing a police report etc and finally got it after about 2 months.

While both of these things do suck, I just learned how to better deal with things. Such as getting phone numbers and talking to them before hand, never using money orders but doing paypal etc.

With people that have a ton of feedback I've never had an issue. Only annoying thing is the low ball offers but you get that everywhere. However lately selling stuff it does seem to take longer than before there. I used to get hit up easily the first day regarding what I had listed, now its like a week or so.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,533
    Options
    It should read --If your insanely rich and couldn't care where your easily made dollars come from we'll take care of you. I think they meant they will take you for a nice ride...lol I'm kinda surprised you dudes never saw this site...

never saw that site... didn't know it existed. next level
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,533
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    Audiogon is not what it once was. I still like to buy and sell there as you have a dedicated market and people who love audio to death and know their stuff. However that being said, its getting smaller on there and was bad after they made their changes from the old site. I don't think it ever regained what it lost and doesn't appear to be doing as much business as before.

I've had 2 bad transactions and only one was on Audiogon (the other Videogon RIP). The Audiogon one the seller was newer but did have feedback. He sent me a pre amp that wasn't working properly and then argued it was fine but never tested the inputs/outputs I was having an issue with. I filed a paypal claim and they took care of it with no problems.

The other item was when I bought a blu ray player off Videogon. Guy never sent it and ended up filing a police report etc and finally got it after about 2 months.

While both of these things do suck, I just learned how to better deal with things. Such as getting phone numbers and talking to them before hand, never using money orders but doing paypal etc.

With people that have a ton of feedback I've never had an issue. Only annoying thing is the low ball offers but you get that everywhere. However lately selling stuff it does seem to take longer than before there. I used to get hit up easily the first day regarding what I had listed, now its like a week or so.

maybe you guys are right, paypal just as extra measure.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Luxury audio. There is a term I do not like.

There is no such thing as luxury audio, all audio is a necessity.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D