Problem with new 20-amp dedicated circuits using PS Audio Power Port Premier Receptacles

Options
2»

Comments

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I hate GFCI receptacles, nothing but trouble.

I never have a single hum problems using any GFCI sockets. Yes, they do tend to die sooner than later compared to regular non-GFCI sockets and I had to replace a few during the past 10 years. But the protection they gives is well worth to have in the first place.

Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • Speedskater
    Options
    True GFCI receptacles should be OK. While GFCI breakers may be an occasional problem. Aggressive power conditioners can cause some of these problems.

Now the new thing is AFCI's (Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters). All kinds of legacy appliances and equipment can give them fits. (legacy is this case is about a decade)
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    True GFCI receptacles should be OK. While GFCI breakers may be an occasional problem.

@Speedskater,

I don't have an "aggressive" power conditioner on or near these circuits, but I do have one circuit with a GFCI breaker, which serves the circuit with our outdoor post lights along the driveway.

Might that cause the circuits with GFCI receptacles to create the hum?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Speedskater
    Options
    No hum, just tripping.
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    The electrician is coming back on Tuesday morning to install yet another 20-amps dedicated circuit, this one with a PS Power Port Classic because no Premiers were available that I could find.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    Options
    The electrician just left, and I put the system back in place, hooked everything up, and turned it on.

The hum is gone! :)

Thanks to everybody for your concern and advice.

Now, all I have to do is get the movers in here to put the CAT 600.2 in place and move the Perreaux mono blocks.

• Moose68Bash
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Wish you lived closer. I'd grab a friend and we'd get you all set up. That friend wouldn't be halen....

Thanks, @DSkip.

I wish you and some of the other guys on the Forum lived closer, too.

Not that I want to give anybody work, but I'm not confident that your typical moving guy will appreciate, shall we say, the equipment with which he is dealing.

I'm pretty sure the guys on the Forum would. :)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,639
    edited September 2015
    Options
    but I'm not confident that your typical moving guy will appreciate, shall we say, the equipment with which he is dealing.

OH they will appreciate when they tell their night workers who carry the heavy tools:) like lock picks to slowly move it to their fence o:)

• Moose68Bash
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

OH they will appreciate when they tell their night workers who carry the heavy tools:) like lock picks to slowly move it to their fence o:)

Now, that's reassuring!!! :)