I HATE THIS FORUM SOFTWARE WITH A PASSION !!!!

gimpod
gimpod Posts: 1,793
I just spent an hour writing (yes using one finger it takes me a long time to write something plus the fact I can't speel for fecal mater) a post about not getting iPhone's to re-connect to my wifi (A D-Link WBR-1310 router). And yes I searched all over for an answer but nothing works also it seems to be a common problem. Anyway I went to click on post discussion but must have right clicked something 'cause my post vanished and I was back at the home menu.

Vanilla what a POS. :rage:
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    bah. that sucks. I hate when that happens too. even if you could type fast, you can't remember it the same.

I know it doesn't help now, but if I've written a long post, a lot of times, I'll do a Select All/Copy before I post it, just in case something goes wrong.

also, which browser do you use? I use Chrome these days, and I've noticed that sometimes if I accidentally somehow leave the page, most of the time, my post text is still there when I navigate back to it. might be a cookie thing?
    I disabled signatures.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    I use Firefox, This is not the first time and I do a Select All/Copy too but it went bye bye before I could even do that.

If I'm not mistaken I think vBulletin had an autosave feature, you might not get your whole post back but usually most of it.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    If you're doing a long post, do it in word. Then just paste it and post.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Chrome has an auto save. Slow typer myself and not a fan of vanilla but no problems here.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I have been burnt before, and using an iPad I am also one finger typing. I will use the Note app for a large post.

Also, it irks me when I add something in the comment section, then go to another tab for some information, and when I come back to the Polk tab the comment section gets cleared. That is a Chrome bug.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt there an app for Android for the forum....andnwould there be a version for Apple?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    I can't even figure out how to PM more than one person at a time. There appears to be a way to do it because the block is labeled "RECIPIENTS", as in plural, more than one so to speak. After you send a PM it asks you if you want to send it to other people as well. Shouldn't it be asking me that question after I have typed ONE username into the "RECIPIENTS" box? Maybe it's me. Again.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I can't even figure out how to PM more than one person at a time. There appears to be a way to do it because the block is labeled "RECIPIENTS", as in plural, more than one so to speak. After you send a PM it asks you if you want to send it to other people as well. Shouldn't it be asking me that question after I have typed ONE username into the "RECIPIENTS" box? Maybe it's me. Again.

Hey George, I think you just click on one of the members you want to PM to. Then click Message and just type who ever else you want to send to in Recipients. It will go to all you have in Recipients.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    Thanks. I just tried that and believe you're onto something. Hey Ken, forget it, I think we've got it.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    I hope things get better for you..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren