Pioneer HPM-100 Crossover Project

Options
This was an interesting project. The HPM-100s are well regarded, and have quite a following. Unlike many Japanese models from that era, these were well designed, and don't have ridiculously large woofers in a small cabinet.
The upgrade consisted of replacing the two existing Film Caps, one NP Electrolytic, one Resistor, one Inductor, and the Binding Posts. The modifications were done per an AK thread. The crossover point between the woofer and midrange was lowered.
Sonicaps, Mills Resistors, Jantzen Inductors, and small, imported, solid copper Binding Posts were chosen.
Due to the size of the Sonicaps, new, longer standoffs were required. Some caps were relocated to the bottom of the board. The old binding posts screwed directly to the circuit board. The new Binding Posts were not long enough, so #16 gauge wire was used to connect the new Binding Posts to the circuit board. Due to the size of the new Inductor, the extension wires were looped, so the board could be removed, slid through the existing opening and then re-secured if needed.

vobvl383qnde.png
qcpvxdpfpe38.png
rszpkzi7bk42.png
r47wbzpxspal.png
602mnykz4dc1.png
Home Theater/2 Channel:
Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Comments