Lookie what I MIGHT score for $585...

Options
2»

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Appreciate the advice, I'm a little skeptical of the benefits of power cords, but I'm always open to new tweaks.

It was your pic of your MF integrated that got going on the pre, awesome equipment, I've been reading reviews all morning and here's a couple quotes:

"..this is among the finest of preamps I've ever auditioned, at any price..."

"...a Mark Levinson? maybe not, but the closest thing you'll see this side of $10k..."

Gotta like that!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2004
    Options
    NOW waite just a minute...

The P/HP-850 is the best ever produced and makes Levinson sound like a clock radio! Owe and btw, did I ever tell you I own the best pair of speakers in the Whole Wide World, yuppers them RT800i's are kicken!;)

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I'll tell you, that PHP is so good it had me a little worried about changing (you know, don't mess with success). I love it, and can't wait to see how it compares to the MF. I still cannot find any fault with the Parasound, try as I might! I just love the simple elegance of the Muscial Fidelity.

Many reviewers have called the PHP-850 "the best kept secret in audio" I agree whole-heartedly! There is no way you'll find anything to "better" it at/under a grand...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2004
    Options
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited March 2004
    Options
    My A3 is pretty bare bones, feature wise. The remote is very simple.

But.... I know where the money went when it's playing something. And when I try to pick it up.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I'm getting the "ah man I can't find the remote" story, grrrrrrrrrr...I told him either replace it, or send me a refund for the cost of a new one.

How in the hell do you lose a remote to a $1500 preamp?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Steve,

Sorry to hear about the remote situation. If it comes down to it you can contact the new MF reps at 704-391-9337 and speak with Jam, he'll get you fixed up. I've got to tell you this though, as great as MF gear is their remotes are awful. I use a learning remote which works perfectly.

F1
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Steve,

I think Lance will come through for you ...

In response to your question about how does one lose a remote, I know he's moved several times recently and it may very well be in a box that hasn't been opened yet ...

Any way he happened to mention this to me as well and stated that if he couldn't find it shortly that he'd order one from the manufacturer and have it shipped directly to you ...

In my own case he just located an accessory to an item I purchased from him awhile ago and is about to ship it and this was not something I had continually been pestering him about.

So hopefully everything will work out okay.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    F1NUT-Thank you sir for that info, that will definitely help me. I called Kevin at UpScale Audio, he said he'll sell me one below cost--what a guy!

I think Lance is a good guy, I'm just a little irratated about the situation.

But anyway I'm hopeful. He said he'll make the situation right, and I believe he will do so...
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2004
    Options
    If he has a toddler running through the house its not very surprising! Also if he just made a move the poor guy is in BOX HELL right now. God I hate that!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • dcarlson
    edited March 2004
    Options
    When I get home, I'll take a pic of my remote. You can then decide whether or not you want to get one depending on the price.

Derick.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Thank you bud. I'm not much of a remote guy, but for the price...well, you know.
  • dcarlson
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Here's a pic.

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I have the A3.2cr pre and like how that remote fits in my hand, easy to use, simple, what more do I need?

Steve, have you got the pre amp hooked up yet? how do you like it?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Not yet dude, he just shipped it today. I hoping the thing is here before I leave for Kuwait.