Lookie what I MIGHT score for $585...

Options
steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,522
edited March 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
GOT IT! Had to up the ante to $620, but she's mine.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Ahh... That explains why you're selling the Yamaha pre.
    nice...
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    If the guy accepts my offer, my P/HP-850 parasound will be in the Flea Market next....for a VERY good price.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited March 2004
    Options
    That is what I have, you will be very happy with that preamp. I "think" I want the match amp. 585.00 is a steal, I got mine for 750.00 delivered and thought I did well.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    edited March 2004
    Options
    It's a nice piece of gear, I hope you get it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by steveinaz
    If the guy accepts my offer, my P/HP-850 parasound will be in the Flea Market next....for a VERY good price.

I am very interested...

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Hbomb..you've got first dibs on the Parasound PHP-850. It's contingent on this A3CR deal though....
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Hbomb..you've got first dibs on the Parasound PHP-850. It's contingent on this A3CR deal though....

Cool and perhaps we can do a bulk buy which would include the tuner?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Hbomb: Absolutely, I'll give you a good price on the set. This guy hasn't emailed back yet...I'm sweatin' it..LOL
  • hoosier21
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Is he in Sugarland TX?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2004
    Options
    If that's the guy you are dealing with ... Lance1331 (0) ... I can at least partially vouch for him ( NO Affiliation ) even though he has no Audiogon feedback ...

I have bought equipment into four figures from this guy that was so clean you could eat off it ...

He's also a Deputy in the Sheriffs department and will probably want a M/O sent to his attention at the precinct ...
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    ...I will neither confirm nor deny those allegations...
  • PolkWannabie
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Well if it is hopefully the info I posted above will be of benefit to you.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Thanks bud for the info, he seems pretty straight forward.
  • hoosier21
    edited March 2004
    Options
    He's also a Deputy in the Sheriffs department

Does the stuff he sell have evidence tags on them? lol
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• PolkWannabie
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by hoosier21
    Does the stuff he sell have evidence tags on them? lol
    LOL ...

No ... He's just goin through some changes I guess and is bailing from a variety of good gear he has ...
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I had to up the ante to $620 but.........

I GOT IT! I GOT IT! YESSSSSSSS......

It's Miller time....
  • PolkWannabie
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! YESSSSSSSS......

I don't think you'll be disappointed in Lance's gear as you probably won't be able to tell any difference between it and NIB ...
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    He e-mailed me 4 hi-rez pics a few days ago and I couldn't see any flaws...too cool.
  • hoosier21
    edited March 2004
    Options
    very good deal.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I watched that puppy on Ebay and thought sure it would be up around $850 by biddings end. NO ONE placed a bid! So I thought, well this dude has my email address from when I requested pics of it, so maybe he'll email me an offer since the auction was done, and no bids were made---sure enough, he emailed this morning, and I sent a counter offer--and BANG!

....and thats the rest of the story...
  • PolkWannabie
    edited March 2004
    Options
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Sweet. :D

I have the A3 integrated and absolutely love it.

Enjoy, she's a beaut. You may find yourself searching for the matching amp though.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Very nice piece of gear, we want naked pics!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Pics wil be posted just as soon as she arrives...
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Sweet! I believe Derick owns one and he's loving it. Can't wait to hear your impressions. Congrats

Maurice
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Thank you! Full review will come, but I've got a stint in Kuwait for a couple weeks in March, then I'm home for a week, then off to Vegas for another week (honeymoon).

Then......I'll get to do some serious listening.
  • dcarlson
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dcarlson
    Sweet. :D

I have the A3 integrated and absolutely love it.

Enjoy, she's a beaut. You may find yourself searching for the matching amp though.

Hey Maurice, I guess you missed my post. :D

Steve, one thing you may want to look into is a power cord. I bought a Cardas Cross and it made a huge difference on my integrated.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I'll keep that in mind. I've been looking for some time at Signal Cables' cords, wanting to get some custom lengths made to reduce the clutter behind my rack...
  • dcarlson
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I have a SC Magic Powercord, it's a step up from the stock powercord but in the long run you'd be better off saving up a little and going with a brand name cord. Right now my SC powercord is plugged into my CD player and is going to be replaced sometime in the near future. The Magic powercord was disappointing on my A3, hence the Cardas purchase.

I think the SC stuff is great as entry level cables but with a pre like that, you may want to take full advantage of it and I personally don't think SC is the answer.

You're system is different from mine, so I'd have to suggest trying out a few cables from different companies before deciding on one.

In the end it's up to you though. ;)