Fully modded SDA SRS 2.3TL for Sale ---- $1300

Options

Comments

• Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    Options
    Someone please step up and save me from the horrors of Ebay and CL? Make me a reasonable offer?
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Somebody needs to buy these. If I had the $$$, it would already be done! I have tried about a dozen different speakers since I let mine go and NONE have even come close.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    trav0810 wrote: »
    Somebody needs to buy these. If I had the $$$, it would already be done! I have tried about a dozen different speakers since I let mine go and NONE have even come close.

Payment plan w pickup at Carverfest perhaps :smile:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I would buy them and have the money. My problem is the distance (probably over 12 hrs one way) and I’d have to measure if they would fit in my vehicle. I’d also need the AI-1 interconnect or dreadnought.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    All obstacles can be overcome. Be sure to measure between the wheel wells or the narrowest part of your vehicle as you'll want to transport them flat on their backs. I fit mine inside a Ford Escape - inches to spare on the sides.

Also, bring padding for between them and on the outsides.

You can do this ! ! !
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Thorton wrote: »
    I would buy them and have the money. My problem is the distance (probably over 12 hrs one way) and I’d have to measure if they would fit in my vehicle. I’d also need the AI-1 interconnect or dreadnought.

They are well worth the road trip and then some. Perhaps even a night's stay at Casa Sea & Spa Resort... Go for it I say. There will be no disappointments with these.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Sea
    Options
    Sometimes a road trip is the only way. I drove 8 hours each way to get my 1C's from New Jersey, up one day back the next. About a month ago, my wife, son and I made a up and back 22 hour trip to Queens NY to pick up a pair of Carver Amazings.
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just wondering, have you compared your 2.3s to the SRS 2s?
    I've got a buddy hounding me for my 2s and I'm hoping this would be my upgrade avenue, but there's a lot of road between us. Do you have OEM boxes? Are the magnets JB welded?
    Thanks!
    G
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Sea
    Options
    No. I have never heard the SRS 2's. I used loctite power grab on the magnets. Where are you located?
  • GlennDog
    Options
    PM sent
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I have heard both. Light years apart IMO. These would be a fantastic upgrade!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • Sea
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    PM sent

Sorry GlenDog, I don't see a PM.

• GlennDog
    Options
    The newish Polk site seems to be working "weird"
    I was asking if you were open to trades +\- cash . . . .
    I have a couple of amps ..... Pass Aleph 30 Class A, Adcom 5503 thrice channel amp and EVS 500M class D monos.....
    Oh, an AI-1 1 KVA dreadnaught, too
    Just say'n
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Sea
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    The newish Polk site seems to be working "weird"
    I was asking if you were open to trades +\- cash . . . .
    I have a couple of amps ..... Pass Aleph 30 Class A, Adcom 5503 thrice channel amp and EVS 500M class D monos.....
    Oh, an AI-1 1 KVA dreadnaught, too
    Just say'n

I do not need any amps at this point and I have a 1 KVA Dreadnaught from the last group buy. Thanks anyway.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Care to sell the KVA?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Sea
    Options
    Care to sell the KVA?

I am not sure if you are directing that question to me or GlennDog but I still need mine for my SDA 1C system.

• Sea
    Options
    Ok.....I have reluctantly put these up on CL.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Options
    The best SDA's come from road trips,,,gives em,,character!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The best SDA's come from road trips,,,gives em,,character!
    And a deeper appreciation for their performance

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Options
    +1
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I would also seek out any "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives" on the way there and back...

• BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Options
    Worth the roadtrip for sure.....

If I had the space, these would never see the light of day. Forget the 1.2TL's....these are the sweet spot of the SDA line.

BDT
  • GlennDog
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ^^^YOU^^^
    That's driving me crazy. . . . Sea, Did you get my message trhu CL?
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Sea
    Options
    Yes. I sent you a PM and responded through CL.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    BDT wrote: »
    Worth the roadtrip for sure.....

If I had the space, these would never see the light of day. Forget the 1.2TL's....these are the sweet spot of the SDA line.

BDT

^This^

HAAAAAAAAAARRRR

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Dang guys, these are rare, especially modded! Can't comment on how they compare to the 1.2TL's as I haven't heard 'em, but my 2.3TL's are stunning. And Sea has done the heavy lifting on the mods - these are plug 'n play.

Let's keep 'em in the Polk family.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Sea...is there any interest in a cash/trade? I have an excellent pair of black studio version SDA-2B.
  • Sea
    Options
    Sea...is there any interest in a cash/trade? I have an excellent pair of black studio version SDA-2B.

Thanks for the offer, but I really need to thin the herd a little.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
  • Sea
    Options
    Bump