Velodyne vPulse IEMs

Options
halo
halo Posts: 5,616
Hey all,

I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that I think that these are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive @ less than $40 compared to the retail price of $99. I purchased my pair from wal-mart because they had the lowest price at the time. Amazon has them in Pink, as of this writing, for $39.99 & Black for $59.99. I can tell you that I'm secure enough in my masculinity to wear a pink pair of IEMs, especially when they sound like these.

So, what am I comparing these Velodyne vPulse IEMs to?

Well, this is a list of the IEMs that I either own, or that I have owned:

Xiaomi 2nd Piston? (2014)
Panasonic RPHJE120K (2014) These were Wirecutter's "Best IEMs under $30" (until the Brainwavz Delta took that title a few days ago. However, I think the Panasonic IEMs sound better than the Brainwavz Delta)
Brainwavz Delta (2014) Wirecutter's current "Best IEMs Under $30"
Philips SHE3590BK/10AKG K28? (2014)
Sennheiser CX300-B? (2008)
Ultimate Ears 200? (2009)
Skullcandy Titan? (2009)
Nuforce NE-600X-BLK (2014)
Acoustic Research AR - HP1030 (2011)

I can also say that they've exceeded the performance of both the on ear & over the ear headphones that I've owned. Basically, IMHO, these are the best headphones that I've ever heard, beating out:

V-Moda M80 (2013)
Audio Technica (2013)
TASCAM TH-MX2 (2014)
Creative Aurvana Live! (2013)
Creative Aurvana Live! 2 (2014)
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S (2013)
Monoprice 8323 (2013)
Superlux HD 681 (2013)
Sennheiser PX100 (2007)
Brainwavz HM5 (2013)
Sennheiser PX200 (2007)

A couple of those, on the list above, were supposed to have been great IEMs for bass response, but nothing came even remotely close to the vPulse. I'm not just referring to the bass response here either; the entire frequency range is reproduced more accurately on the vPulse than on any other pair of headphones I've owned. It is amazing that, even with the amount of bass the vPulse deliver, nothing else in the frequency range is lost; this is because the bass doesn't overwhelm anything, it just compliments the mids and the highs splendidly. You really do owe it to yourself to try these.

I've been into the audio hobby for a long time and, while listening to the vPulse, I am hearing details / material in my music that I've never been able to hear before. Maybe it's because of coloration or a lack of the ability to reveal these details in the equipment I've used in the past, but it seems so unlikely that these elements would have escaped me for such a long time.

When I first started to listen to the vPulse I was really surprised by their overall sound signature and how wonderfully they reproduce many different genres of music. The vPulse is no one trick pony, no sir. These IEMs reproduce everything accurately. It is safe to say that my jaw was on the floor during my first listening session with the vPulse. All of my recordings are either WAV or FLAC files, because I wanted to preserve all the details that the artists put into their recordings, and to hear them reproduced when I listen to the music. The vPulse are the first to do such a fine job at delivering these details to my ears. I am truly gobsmacked.

I found these to be very comfortable to wear over an extended time period and they were never in danger of falling out of my ears. The included silicone eartips fit me just fine, which is a pretty rare occurrence for me. I would recommend that people purchase foam ear tips from Comply if they experience issues relating to discomfort or if the vPulse have a tendency to fall out of their ears - everyone is different and the Comply tips help to level the field, but they may alter the sound quality. The correct size to fit the vPulse is 400, then you choose the type that best suits your needs. More info on complyfoam dot com

At their current price of $39.99, these are a steal. Even attheir MSRP of $99, I think that they are totally worth it. The vPulse is on Wirecutters "Best IEM under $100" as well.

If you're worried about the pink color, just tell people you support breast cancer awareness (which I do & I do).

Honestly, I can only remember a handful of times that I felt this way about a product that I've purchased before . These In Ear Monitors rank up there as one of the best purchases that I have EVER made. I cannot recommend them highly enough.
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10