An American Christmas Story, gimpod style

Options
gimpod
gimpod Posts: 1,793
edited December 2014 in The Clubhouse
You've been up all night wrapping gift's and doing all the last minute stuff for Christmas morning. It's around 3:00 am by the time you get to bed, Then around 4:30 am (If your lucky) your brood of little h.ell-spawns come bursting in your room all wired up like they've been up all night eating raw sugar and smoking meth waking you up, so out you go to open presents because you know your not going to get them to go back to bed.

Now it's around your sixth or seventh cup of coffee and it's still dark out when there all done opening gifts when one of them sitting in what can only be described as a mountain of toys says "Is this all I get?". Lucky for you your wife is there to keep you from strangling the ungrateful little h.ell-spawn to death!

Just think your day is only beginning, It only gets worse from here. You've still got the 27 trips to the store for batteries, whipping cream, cranberry sauce and whatever else you forgot to get for Christmas dinner that the wife is making for the 25 guest's that will be showing up latter of which 20 are so called relatives (you think cause you only see them at funerals, weddings, Christmas and New Years), It really doesn't matter invited or not because they still show up to eat all your food and drink all your booze.

By 8:00 pm if your lucky the h.ell-spawn's are crapped out and in bed so as not to witness this next part, mean while everybody's wasted off you booze and somebody has started a fight that quickly get's out of hand to the point that a neighbor ends up calling the police and if your really lucky your not in the half of the friends and family that end up going to jail for assault and/or drunk and disorderly. But hey don't worry they'll all get out in time to come back and do it all over again for New Years.

Now that's a real American family Christmas. >:)

All kidding aside,
I hope you All have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Best wishes to you and yours from my wife Tasha, my daughter Skye and myself!

May God bless you and keep you!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Enjoyed the story ,lol, I think all of us can relate to some of it,lol. Blessings to you and yours sir!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    As long as one of them family members didn't empty out the old RV toilet tank in the street in front of your house it sounds like a Christmas a lot of us experience. IF you survived the little hellions then you did good oh just don't bail out the rowdy ones and perhaps you will get lucky next week on New Years eve. You and the liquor cabinet will be better off without the riff raff, glad to hear you enjoyed your Christmas.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Sounds like the Palin family. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Thanks Tony and Merry Christmas....I did play a little Half-life 2 today B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Imma try to sneak some Halo in under the wire myself....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    I never experienced a Christmas quite that bad. But I can certainly see your point. Have a Merry Christmas Tony!
    Carl

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,473
    Options
    Funny story :smile: :Happy Holidays
    Randy/Maine
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    LOL....isn't that simply a usual Italian Christmas ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable