For Sale... Dodd Audio MLP Preamp

Options
GREAT TUBE PRE!!! comes with upgraded Psvane tubes! Awesome sounding piece, and only selling to upgrade. Pictures and full description will follow shorthly.

Looking to get 1150 shipped in the U.S... As a freebie, I will also toss in a Project Phono stage.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    Nice piece, would make someone happy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Dodd gear doesn't come up for sale too often. Very nice stuff, very well built.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    @halenhoang‌

IIRC you were interested in this at one point... Nows the time :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Gawddamnit John...you are trying to get me divorced aren't you!? :s
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Amen to that....I've been drooling after that sucker for awhile. The wife would have all my junk at the curb though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options

I think you've got enough "spare" gear to off load it and not spend any cash to buy this lol.....

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    Options

I think you've got enough "spare" gear to off load it and not spend any cash to buy this lol.....

Not quite...but close. If I could offload the Beyerns from my BMW, I would buy this in a heartbeat. As it is, I haven't sold myself on selling them yet...hehe

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,122
    Options
    fbirx2l3qhjs.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    xzdz7brfajju.jpg

8asroeez72ap.jpg

tdngc25fruat.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dodd lives minutes from me, yet never met the guy. Matter of fact, let me throw a rock, it will hit his house.

Nice pre guys...

Halen
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    Damn Halen, you should knock on his door and introduce yourself.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,946
    Options
    "Huh" when I meet him at the RMAS a few years ago he must have been having a bad day because he was a ****, such a **** with an attitude I left the room...
  • dromunds
    Options
    Gary had a very serious heart problem that eventually caused long hospitalization. If he was an ***, it may have been explainable. He has always been nothing but a complete gentleman when I've dealt with him, and extremely helpful. His gear hits WAY beyond the price point. I've had two of his preamps, currently using his battery tube preamp and also battery operated tube phono preamp. Outstanding sound.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,390
    Options
    Someone will regret selling this. I'm not naming any names though.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • usp1
    usp1 Posts: 207
    Options
    I hope Gary is doing well. Have not heard for a while. He was going through a tough time financially and Danny (GR research was helping him out). As for him being an a***, he is usually very nice and helpful but like all of us can have bad days.

In any case, great price on a nice pre. Gary makes good gear. I have a var gain pre he made for me. Its to die for.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Someone will regret selling this. I'm not naming any names though.

Tom

You may be right on that....

One of the main reasons for the sale is that I want variable gain... can he upgrade this to include variable gain? How would I get ahold of him to find out?

• treitz3
    Options
    Hmmm, it has been some time since I talked with him John. According to his site, here is his contact information;

doddaudio@live.com

Gary Dodd
    7025 Mazy LN
    Rowlett, TX 75089

972-276-6865

If this information isn't correct, I can guarantee you that someone here will know how to contact him. I'll let Gary answer your other inquiry.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dromunds
    Options
    The thing about Dodd preamps is they respond so well to rube rolling. When you get some choice tubes in them, they really shine.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    The thing about Dodd preamps is they respond so well to rube rolling. When you get some choice tubes in them, they really shine.

I have done some of that and you are correct sir.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hmmm, it has been some time since I talked with him John. According to his site, here is his contact information;

doddaudio@live.com

Gary Dodd
    7025 Mazy LN
    Rowlett, TX 75089

972-276-6865

If this information isn't correct, I can guarantee you that someone here will know how to contact him. I'll let Gary answer your other inquiry.

Tom

Thanks Tom... the number you provided is the same one I had. It has been disconnected for some time now.

• usp1
    usp1 Posts: 207
    Options

You may be right on that....

One of the main reasons for the sale is that I want variable gain... can he upgrade this to include variable gain? How would I get ahold of him to find out?

Contact Danny at GR Research. I think Gary was staying with him as he tries to get over his difficulties. I am not sure how Gary is doing but it may be worth your time to add the variable gain.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Try this, John. gldodd@verizon.net

Tom
  • dromunds
    Options
    I talked to Danny at GR Research and if you PM me I can provide you the cell phone number that Gary apparently currently is using.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Thanks guys for the help. I will give him a call tomorrow.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Ya know, if Santa wants to throw that sucker down my chimney, he's more than welcome.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Ya know, if Santa wants to throw that sucker down my chimney, he's more than welcome.

Santa told me that it will cost you $1150.00 to bribe your way off the naughty list.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    BUMP... price drop to $1,000, but I will not include the Project phono pre...

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Going to Audiogon on Tuesday if not snapped up here before then.

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    Hi John...interested in a partial trade for a Sunfire Symphonic Reference pre? *duck* LOL

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I had one of those but moved on rather quickly...