Vizio M-Series TV

I just upgraded my den 42" led 120hz TV to a Vizio M-Series M502i-B1 50" 240hz 1080p LED Smart TV.

I've never tried a Vizio TV before it seemed to have good ratings. Got it for just under $450.00. Specs seem decent, so were the reviews.

Anyone here have one? It's just for the den. I think it should be a decent choice.

It will have an OPPO BDP-93 for a source besides cable.
"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,747
    I am on my 4th Vizio.
    The current prime is an M series 65". I have been very pleased with it after calibrating it.
    Its predecessor was a 60" that I had FOREVER.
    My daughter has a 32" M series in her bedroom.
    And my 32" older Vizio that I have owned since 2008 is still going strong at my brother's shop.

Grant, we have a Sharp Aquos 47" in our bedroom but only because my wife had it before I moved in. Heh.

My next TV upgrade will most likely be one of their UHD models in a couple of years. I am a fan.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • I have 3 of them in my home:

VF5500
    E390-A1
    and another 32" smart TV model
    I had one of the original 32" back from 05 I think, traded it off for a tree trimming job a year ago.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Vizio P55-E1UHD Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Pioneer Elite N-50 Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers Panamax M5100-EX
    Upstairs media room:
    Vizio D1 32" Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Sony PS4 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio Rti 6's fronts Polk CSR Center Polkaudio PSW 10 sub Panamax M5300-EX
    Master bedroom:
    Vizio VF550M Pioneer Elite VSX 33 Pioneer Elite BDP 80FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio Monitor 40 II fronts, Rears Optimus LX5s Jensen CCS center Polkaudio PSW 10 sub Panamax 5100
  • SherardpSherardp Posts: 8,048
    I have a 42 in M series mounted in the office. It performs very well and the apps are icing on the cake. Very good set. Looking for another to mount in the garage, hopefully I can find one Black Friday.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Good to hear. My son just ordered the same TV.

I like the fact that the remote has a full key board on the back. No more over, over, down and enter to pick a letter.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,863
    I have had the 42" model for about 2 months. It is a very good set for the money, and I'm pleased with the purchase.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
    ~ Johnny Cash