Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2018
    That quarterback for the Chiefs, Mahomes is looking like a SUPERSTAR already! The kid is great. Also having "HILL" on your team doesn't hurt any either. Dang that guy is super fast!
    Mahomes' college days great plays;

https://youtu.be/vdUF7rtugpo

I've watched a few games this year and I've seen enough to know the refs are just as bad as they were in the last 5 years. I guess if they called all the holding calls I've seen that weren't called, a regular game would take 4 1/2 hours to get through. The front lines are grabbing each others shoulder pads during every play. :D I thought the offensive linemen weren't allowed to grad.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Go Vikes!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited October 2018
    Yeah.... not looking to good. They beat themselves badly tonight. You need a mistake free game and aggressive play calling on both sides of the ball to beat Brees, and the Vikings have done none of the above.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    At least Adam Thielen keeps the streak alive. I really like that kid.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    I felt bad for Thielen. His fumble let the air out of the entire team.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2018
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Go Vikes!

I don’t think the Vikings have much of a shot at making it past wild card weekend if they make the playoffs. The league has figured out how to read Zimmer’s defensive schemes, and protection for Cousins is worse than it was last season. With the contract Cousins signed, the Vikings will be a team in rebuild mode next season

The Bears might just steal the division this year, and the tie against Green Bay will haunt them when it comes to seeding. They either need to find a way to win the division, or they will be going nowhere.

• nooshinjohn
    Not really... they suck this year, and tonight is simply more proof of that.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Dem gluvs look like penill-T flags.
  • nooshinjohn
    Another inferior performance by the Vikings offense. The Bears owe their season to Khalil Mack joining their defense. He takes that entire unit to another level because teams have to focus on him, and while they are busy doing that, the rest of the defense has opportunity after opportunity to make plays.

Then the focus shifts away from him and Mack blows them apart. These Bears are legit, and they may just take the whole thing.

• Viking64
    That QB with the 70s **** 'stache rushing around reminded me of a Harlem Globetrotters show I saw as a kid.
  • Viking64
    Saints, Chiefs, Rams, Bears and 4 AFC teams with 7 wins. Washington was looking pretty good until today. :# A lot can happen in 6 games, though. Next week we will see a good number of teams mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I would guess.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Hmmmmm....11 penalties for Jax and 3 for Pitt. Nothing weird there!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Saints are crazy good, playing the best ball I've seen them play in years.

4th down and 7....they are around midfield, already ahead by 30 +points. Breez starts walking to the sidelines thinking they are going to punt. Patton is yelling at him to go for it. Breez looks a little confused at that call, but turns around and gets in the huddle. Throws a TD pass....

Saints have a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball. Bears won't make it too deep into the playoffs. Elite teams tend to turn it up a notch in the 4th quarter, have a great no huddle drill for that last few minutes. Bears seem to lose gas in the 4th.

Playoffs are going to be some great games, we still have some great teams still standing and the Patriots aren't that good this year.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Cam who? :s
  • tonyb
    Tony M wrote: »
    Cam who? :s

Right....I mean, why not kick the extra point and go into OT, rather than risk the 2 point conversion for a win. Didn't work out for them in that case yesterday.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    I just watched one of the greatest football games in my life!!! :o:DB)

The most points scored on Monday Night Football and the third highest scoring game in NFL history! :oB)

Mahomes had 6 TD's and still lost... :o

But my team lost. I pick other teams besides the Panthers on some occasions.

My wife likes the Rams too so she'll be happy in the morning. :)

What a GREAT GAME!!!!
  • tonyb
    That last interception killed them. He got hit as he was in motion throwing and that took enough zip off the ball. Still, why they weren't playing shorter for field goal range, and go into OT is beyond me. Kc's defense didn't show up until the 4th anyway.

Was kinda like watching a crazy Super Bowl game.....only more exciting.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    I don’t like games li’e this... I prefer there to be some defense, and a bit more of a battle back and forth. Shootouts are boring to watch, but that’s just my opinion.

• tonyb
    Anytime you get a shoot out like that, you ask yourself if either teams defense showed up.

Rams actually looked good on both sides of the ball. Their defense was getting penetration on KC'S offensive line and Goff is no slouch throwing the ball too.

KC has terrible pass protection, their defensive line wasn't getting any penetration until the 4th maybe late in the 3rd. Mchomes is going to be a star, just turning 23 and his first season in the NFL and the kid plays like that. He made a few rookie mistakes but even seasoned veterans make some so I don't hold it against the kid.

That first quarter though, KC looked confused, like they weren't sure where they were at and what they were doing there. Took them awhile to settle in. Rams were on a mission from the first minute.

Whoever plays the Saints, that's going to be a game to watch.

Haven't heard the word "Patriots" most this season too. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Rams play the Bears in week 14. Should be a good test for both sides
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    The Rams Bears game coming in a couple weeks should be another good game
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Rams play the Bears in week 14. Should be a good test for both sides

Rams have a lot of weapons. Lets see how that high powered offense does against the Mack train though. Dude is an animal.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,582
    Anyone besides me wondering what happen to playing last nights game in Mexico? I smell sour milk. You cannot tell me the NFL did not have someone watching that stadium for the last year every day to make sure everything was in order? There’s a cover up somewhere? Go Bears! D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • tonyb
    I believe they cancelled, out of safety reasons. Go figure...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • How bout them Buckeyes!!

Probably still can’t get in, but man put on a clinic against that team up North!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tonyb
    How bout them Buckeyes!!

Probably still can’t get in, but man put on a clinic against that team up North!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Right.....didn't think Michigan was that bad. They got outplayed at every position..
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Pretty good game tonight. Watching while listening to Audiophile Baroque radio on the CXN
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2018
    Minnesota ain’t going anywhere, but I take great comfort in knowing they get to send Green Bay packing their golf bags 6 weeks before the season concludes.

• audioluvr
    Go Vikes!!!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC