LSi25 VS LSIM705 (anyone heard them both??)

tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,179
edited June 2014 in Speakers
I am planning on getting one of these 2 and just looking to see if anyone here has heard both and can comment. I like tower speakers and holing out for a minty RT5000 system is probably not going to be in the cards for me so doing one on these two is taking up a lot of space in my mind. Plus, I have my wife nodding yes!! That's huge! lol

I hear great things about both sets in this line, just can't find too many comps?? Thanks
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
Post edited by tophatjohnny on

Comments

• nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    edited June 2014
    I've heard/used Lsi7, lsi9,lsic, lsi15 (woofer upgraded), lsim703, 706, and 707 in my living room with the same HK citation 7.1 amp and denon avr 3806 pre.

Lsi sets are on the warm side, very easy to listen to for hours. Lsim sets pump up the top end a bit, in a good way, not like my previous Rti12 set. Lsim sets sound a bit better for HT, plus the Center 706 is a lot bigger than the lsic.

Both sound and look great really. it depends on your taste. I kinda wish the lsim comes with all piano finish though.

I still have the full lsi set in my other home, even though I use it less than 5 hrs/month.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    nhhiep wrote: »
    I've heard/used Lsi7, lsi9,lsic, lsi15 (woofer upgraded), lsim703, 706, and 707 in my living room with the same HK citation 7.1 amp and denon avr 3806 pre.

Lsi sets are on the warm side, very easy to listen to for hours. Lsim sets pump up the top end a bit, in a good way, not like my previous Rti12 set. Lsim sets sound a bit better for HT, plus the Center 706 is a lot bigger than the lsic.

Both sound and look great really. it depends on your taste. I kinda wish the lsim comes with all piano finish though.

I still have the full lsi set in my other home, even though I use it less than 5 hrs/month.

Thanks and leaning towards the 705's as a 2 channel set up in my bedroom. Sure the tv will run through them too, but mainly music. I'm using the Parasound 1200II for my amp and the Onkyo SRTX805 as my tuner (man that tank still looks brand new) and it does the trick!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited June 2014
    Are you still gonna mod your SDAs?
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Are you still gonna mod your SDAs?

Probably going to hold off on that, after corresponding with a very knowledgeable man , the 705's have to make their way here before I do anything. If they don't send me into smile world, then it's back to the drawing board, but thinking the 705's will sure make my music plenty live...Thanks D
  • pyrocyborg
    pyrocyborg Posts: 524
    edited June 2014
    Ever heard the LSi line? I don't like the LSi25, to which I prefer the LSi15. I think the powered subwoofer may be the culprit. Also, I guess the LSiM705 is the successor to the LSi15, where the LSiM707 takes over the LSi25.

As for the LSi sound vs the LSiM sound. I'll say something similar to what nhhiep wrote: the LSi sound is clearly laid-back. Treble is soft, detailled, but it lacks some kind of excitement. Except if you listen to treble heavy music or have a terrible electronic mismatch, there is no way you could ever have some kind of listening fatigue with the LSi. Bass is great and voices in general are almost spot on. LSi are exceptionnal for Jazz, instrumental, folk and vocal. They do great too with classic rock and progressive rock. However, anything heavier than that, and they are somehow lacking (IMO).

As for the LSiM, they're in another league. I do not mean that they're really worth twice their price (it's your call), but bass is tighter, more precise. Midrange and treble are better, but treble can be fatiguing depending on the source material. Sure, they're not RTi when it come to treble, but they suffer from their clarity and their precision. LSi do not exibit this "caracteristic" with their Vifa tweeter. Still, the LSiM is a better speaker all-around.

The only thing I would have prefered was if the LSiM midnight mahogany color wasn't as dark as it is. I mean... it's almost black with normal lightning, except when daylight "hits" them, where you can see their beautiful dark brown-burgundy finish. Other than that, the LSiM705 is a very pleasing speaker to see, and to hear... ;) However, considering you can get a set of LSi for a low price, maybe I would look into that first.
    Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM 705, LSiM 703, LSiM 704c
    Receiver: Denon X3500H
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited June 2014
    Probably going to hold off on that, after corresponding with a very knowledgeable man , the 705's have to make their way here before I do anything. If they don't send me into smile world, then it's back to the drawing board, but thinking the 705's will sure make my music plenty live...Thanks D

Great choice and you have the juice to power them properly. Would love to have a listen
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,179
    edited June 2014
    Heard them all, 705's are a sweet spot of Polk "imho"

25's are HT good bang for buck, but would not be a musical choice

Not a gloss black fan usually but the 705's look sweet and trim in gloss black and would be my choice
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pyrocyborg
    edited June 2014
    DSkip wrote: »
    If you're getting fatigue from the lsim, the speakers are not to blame. Something further up the chain is.

"depending on the source material" : Many metal tracks (as in heavy metal, black metal, etc.) will be fatiguing on the long term, as would any other "harsh" track or piece... ;) That's what I meant, even if it wasn't clear... :P Other than that, I would say that the LSiM sound is pleasing to the ears and can be enjoyed for hours everyday.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    pyrocyborg wrote: »
    "depending on the source material" : Many metal tracks (as in heavy metal, black metal, etc.) will be fatiguing on the long term, as would any other "harsh" track or piece... ;) That's what I meant, even if it wasn't clear... :P Other than that, I would say that the LSiM sound is pleasing to the ears and can be enjoyed for hours everyday.
    \

no worries there. The most metal I will listen to is Deep Purple and Captain Beyond...otherwise I'm into the old soul and funky thing. Heatwave, Dazz Band, LTD, Tower of Power, AWB, War, Parliament, JB, Stevie and then I'm off into the chicago style blues and most defiantly got to love Buddy Rich and any one of his big bands! No dark metal for this boy, so thinks for letting me know about what wont sound good!! probably not going to have this done until Aug so I'll sure post my take when I get a pair. The lighter wood will match in the bedroom, but the darker could go too??
  • cincycat13
    cincycat13 Posts: 882
    edited June 2014
    Hey THJ. Got your PM and will try to call this week. Probably toward the later end of your time range as that is after I get the kids to bed. Your music list really takes me back. Not sure I can find my cassette tapes for Roger, Zapp, Cameo, Sugar Hill Gang, George Clinton, etc. Most of my source material is Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, The Who. Lost most of my CDs in a divorce.

That said I have modded LSi9s, stock LSiM703, LSi25 stock that you could give a spin in one place. Even have cherry finish vs midnight mahogany if you can't find them in a store. I would prefer any of these for "mainly music" over the RT3000p towers. My "new to me" Denon 3910 plays about anything but blu-ray.

And I notice you have joined the +1000 posts club ... congrats ...lol...
  • pyrocyborg
    edited June 2014
    \

no worries there. The most metal I will listen to is Deep Purple and Captain Beyond...otherwise I'm into the old soul and funky thing. Heatwave, Dazz Band, LTD, Tower of Power, AWB, War, Parliament, JB, Stevie and then I'm off into the chicago style blues and most defiantly got to love Buddy Rich and any one of his big bands! No dark metal for this boy, so thinks for letting me know about what wont sound good!!

I do listen to Deep Purple and it sounds great on the LSiM. Didn't sound as good on my LSi, but it was enjoyable. I guess that as the LSi are more laid-back, it doesn't help with that kind of music which requires a little bit of excitement to really come "alive". Both speakers lines do great with progressive rock, but I would say the LSiM is a tad better, at least with my poor man's electronics. With my LSi, I enjoyed every moment listening to Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Jethro Tull, to name those three. When it comes to smooth jazz & vocal jazz, I think the LSi is on par with the LSiM, but as these last ones aren't properly positionned in my room, I may be missing a lot.

As for soul and funk, it sounds, IMO, much better on the LSiM. Can't say why, but it's more lively. As someone else told me in another topic, the LSiM is a more versatile speaker when it comes to different kinds of music. I do think he was right... ;) The LSiM do everything the LSi does, but better, but it comes at twice the price of a discounted or refurbished LSi15 (if you can still get them). Also, a modded LSi might be pretty near what the LSiM can offer, but don't quote me on that. Many members with modded LSi could chime in.

Another thing: did you look at the possibility to get the LSi15 instead of the LSi25? You already have an incredible power amplifier, and I bet that it would really make those LSi15 sing. When you have an amplifier which lacks power, the LSi25 might be a better choice than underpowering a pair of power hungry floorstanding, but with a quality power amplifier, you'll loose nothing with the LSi15.
    \

The lighter wood will match in the bedroom, but the darker could go too??

Keep in mind that the LSi25 are huge: bigger than the LSiM705 but less than the LSiM707. They might not be appropriate for a bedroom as they require a lot of space. I'm not even sure I would put the LSi25 in something less than a 200 sq ft room. If your bedroom is quite large and that you can put the LSi away from the walls, then it might work.

As for the finish: are you talking about the LSi or LSiM line? Anyways, if your bedroom furniture is in a "cherry" finish or something similar, you're better off with the cherry ones. I do think people prefer the cherry finish on both lines, being a more classic finish. As for the LSi ebony vs the LSiM midnight mahogany, I would say that both have their benefits:

- The LSi ebony fits right in with any dark brown or espresso color furniture. I had great compliments about it, especially the fact that you can see and feel the wood grain.

- The LSiM midnight, being really dark, makes it easier to disappear in your room... if your furniture is in a darker shade. Sure, they're still in here, but they do not stand out like the cherry finish does. Too bad you can't see nor feel the grain as they're sanded down to a smooth finish. Seems like a waste of mahogany.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, working out a deal with a member and if that pans out, I will have the darker 705's, but if not I still have a heck of a deal buying from the house...which may be the way to go with these babies??
  • sk88
    sk88 Posts: 159
    edited June 2014
    Maybe I can provide some input as an owner of Lsi25 for 2 years and LsiM705 for 1 year and still own both. Those are the main speakers I listen to so I think I can make a fair comparison between them.

Let me start by saying speakers in the same series does not mean they necessarily sound alike. They may share the same material and tweeter/woofer, but they don't sound the same because of the interior dimension and port design differences. For example, Lsi15 vs Lsi25, LsiM705 vs LsiM707 do not sound the same, especially coupled with situations in different room sizes.

Now with the comparison (and I am talking about no mod what so ever), I'd say LsiM705 is at least 60% better to my ears than Lsi25 (if this makes sense). I do not find Lsi25 warm or laid-back (Lsi9 is). It's for HT with tightened high (unpleasant) and narrowed low (centered around 45Hz). LsiM705 on the other hand is more refined in high (clean) and reaches lower. Depends your taste in volume, neither set would give you satisfactory bass if you like punchy loud. If I need to describe more about the bass, Lsi25 is more like not there and while it's there in LsiM705 but it's not strong enough. Although both can play loud, you don't get the punch.

I'd say mid-range is about the same between the two as I have no words to distinguish them. One major difference which I think is quite important to know is that Lsi25 is more directional while LsiM705 is not. If you just rotate your Lsi25 for a small degree, it can change your listening perception. So, fine tuning the angel in accordance to your room and listening position is very important for Lsi25. Because of the wider dispersion of LsiM705, it delivers more of a live and wider sound stage that makes the music "floating" in the air.

In summary, LsiM705 is better in every way in comparison to Lsi25. The "floating" factor contributes the most to me to that 60% mentioned earlier. Next factor would be the cleaner high. Although bass is better but still not good enough. I do not run dedicated subwoofer because my music listening hours are mostly after mid-night. However, I know I am missing that deep punchy bass when I play loud during the day. Lsi25 is very good when positioned well, Lsim705 is just better.
    • Online - Focal Solo6 BE, Polk PSW10, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Lenovo x220t
    • Music/HT - Lsi25, Lsi9 (Vr3), Lsi7, LsiC, Pioneer SC-68 & BDP-62FD, PS3
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    sk88 wrote: »
    Maybe I can provide some input as an owner of Lsi25 for 2 years and LsiM705 for 1 year and still own both. Those are the main speakers I listen to so I think I can make a fair comparison between them.

Let me start by saying speakers in the same series does not mean they necessarily sound alike. They may share the same material and tweeter/woofer, but they don't sound the same because of the interior dimension and port design differences. For example, Lsi15 vs Lsi25, LsiM705 vs LsiM707 do not sound the same, especially coupled with situations in different room sizes.

Now with the comparison (and I am talking about no mod what so ever), I'd say LsiM705 is at least 60% better to my ears than Lsi25 (if this makes sense). I do not find Lsi25 warm or laid-back (Lsi9 is). It's for HT with tightened high (unpleasant) and narrowed low (centered around 45Hz). LsiM705 on the other hand is more refined in high (clean) and reaches lower. Depends your taste in volume, neither set would give you satisfactory bass if you like punchy loud. If I need to describe more about the bass, Lsi25 is more like not there and while it's there in LsiM705 but it's not strong enough. Although both can play loud, you don't get the punch.

I'd say mid-range is about the same between the two as I have no words to distinguish them. One major difference which I think is quite important to know is that Lsi25 is more directional while LsiM705 is not. If you just rotate your Lsi25 for a small degree, it can change your listening perception. So, fine tuning the angel in accordance to your room and listening position is very important for Lsi25. Because of the wider dispersion of LsiM705, it delivers more of a live and wider sound stage that makes the music "floating" in the air.

In summary, LsiM705 is better in every way in comparison to Lsi25. The "floating" factor contributes the most to me to that 60% mentioned earlier. Next factor would be the cleaner high. Although bass is better but still not good enough. I do not run dedicated subwoofer because my music listening hours are mostly after mid-night. However, I know I am missing that deep punchy bass when I play loud during the day. Lsi25 is very good when positioned well, Lsim705 is just better.

Great comp and I am already a believer!! Thanks
  • pyrocyborg
    edited June 2014
    DSkip and sk88 are right: the LSiM705 won't have any kind of punch or impact. Well, they can, but not as much as you might expect them to. They produce deep tight bass, but no visceral impact except maybe at 95-100 dB (haven't tried... my amp would die on me). Even in the brick and mortar store crappy room (Futureshop here in Canada... :P) where they sell the LSiM line, the LSiM703 did seem to have more punch than the LSiM705. I guess the LSiM705 really need a good sub if you want that impact.

As for the LSi25, I found them "sloppy" when it comes to bass, but it may be due to improper positionning. I didn't find them harsh or with unpleasant treble in any mean, but it may has something to do with electronics or because I didn't do any kind of critical listening at my friend's house. I guess it wasn't my cup of tea, but most people tend to believe that the LSi15 are better than the LSi25.

Also, +1 to sk88 for pointing out the directionnal issue of the vifa tweeters. If I can give my experience, the LSiM705 is better when you're moving around the room and even if you're not in the sweet spot, it could still sound great. As for the LSi, if you're not in your sweet spot, it won't sound right.

It's hard to "quantity" something that cannot be quantified like listening pleasure or happiness. I mean, I can't say I'm twice as happy to listen to the LSiM, because it doesn't work that way. Do I enjoy them more than the LSi15 and LSi25 at my friend's house, and that my old LSi bookshelf? Definitely.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    I decided on something completely different and placed my order with the owner of this company this morning. Glad to be done looking and wondering. Reviews on the choice I made as well as brand and model will be shared when I get them up and running. They're being strapped to a pallet and shipping tomorrow. Excited to get my ears and eyes on these. The pics I got look just beautiful. Way out of my league and budget, but what the heck!! Thanks to all that shared and kept me in my toes. So glad I waited!!
  • txcoastal1
    edited June 2014
    So I guess we just wait on what you decided on????....just wrong ;-)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2014
    He snagged some Montana SP3's......nice speaker too. I'm about the only other fanboy of Montana here, especially their KAS speaker. Peter builds a darn good speaker, tad pricey, but the man knows his sh&t.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    tonyb wrote: »
    He snagged some Montana SP3's......nice speaker too. I'm about the only other fanboy of Montana here, especially their KAS speaker. Peter builds a darn good speaker, tad pricey, but the man knows his sh&t.

You kill me Tony..lol I am still a Polk fan too, I just did some serious soul searching and digging around asking a lot of questions and this company and it's owner slay it all the way. A totally different animal than the 705's ( and I still like the 705's) but the Montana's on the way are the ones I had to go with. I was going to keep it quiet, but brother Tiger opened the cage. Hope I am not frowned upon here. I still have the RT2000i's in my living room, SDA1B's going into their original boxes, so Polk is still polking part of my house..just wont be in the bedroom. Well......some polking will still happen in there.......I hope???????/ lol
  • txcoastal1
    edited June 2014
    .....Hope I am not frowned upon here.

Not at all my man,

I just like to know along with everyone else what new digs you are getting. Never heard of Montana's and they are practically my neighbor. I know you are feeling like a kid at Xmas....enjoy enjoy enjoy

PS...Tony couldn't even wait to let the cat out of the bag...shame on you TB :-)

• tonyb
    edited June 2014
    Dude, sorry for letting the cat out of the bag. Like I said, I'm a fanboy so just as excited for you.

Skip,
    Tony isn't a fanboy for speakers he never heard. I've heard the SP3's and the Kas, though years ago but even then it was enough to blow my panties up. The SP3's are a nice speaker but the Kas and WAS are a different animal all together. If you never heard of Montana speakers, jog over to their website. They've been around along time and Peter is a heck of a guy. Wish I could afford his speakers....even used. Which btw hardly ever come up for sale on the used market, must be a reason eh ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,893
    edited June 2014
    dskip, art changed out his custom ls9's for big expensive montanas. i have not heard them but i trust his ears.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • tonyb
    edited June 2014
    LOL,

I know it was a jab in good fun Skip. A lot of these companies some have never heard of cater more so to the higher end of audio. Not something that's dished out to big box stores. You'll find companies that have been around for 30 years nobody heard of. The average joe is not their targeted market....hence most never hear their names.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited June 2014
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Wasn't til about oh...November last year til I ever heard of um...Parasound...glad I did now. This is why this forum is so great to me at least, learning about new things, companies etc. There is a treasure-trove of information here to sink a battleship, in a good way.

And a bunch of great experienced people to help us!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,093
    edited June 2014
    Johnny how did you find out about them, and when do you expect their arrival, as we will all be waiting to hear your impressions.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tophatjohnny
    edited June 2014
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Johnny how did you find out about them, and when do you expect their arrival, as we will all be waiting to hear your impressions.

Was a total fluke finding Peter. Well, maybe that's a stretch, but after talking with my older brother (a former and a serious audiophile kind of guy) he convinced me to investigate the higher end speakers when I am starting to invest larger amounts of money, so peeping out the used stuff on audiogon I saw a strange (but beautiful) set of zebra pattern tower speakers that only had one small speaker and one tweeter in the box and one of the speakers was glued?? I sent the seller a question asking why the price was so high on the speakers that only had so few things going on I said "was it the wood he was selling" ? Don't get me wrong, these speakers were sweet looking, but I was really confused! Then the owner (Who is Peter) replies...."do you want to purchase these beautiful speakers or are you being a smart ****"?? I know I can come off like one, so this started a dialogue which led to Peter explaining just what it is that goes into building a quality product and after watching the video on pbnaudio.com I was able to get Peter on the phone. The man is as real as real can get, and his knowledge and passion to the craft was so exploding over the phone that when offered an opportunity to own a set of his speakers at an amt I could not say no to, it was over. (put a fork in tophat..he's done looking) Montana has some of the most beautiful pieces of art in the industry, I feel fortunate to have a set coming to my home. I will report my experience and post pics once these babies get here.

before joining this forum, I never heard of Parasound either, but now I own one of their amps and it was a game changer for me. I think it was TonyB that led me in that direction, or Jes?? (Both of them forgot more about this hobby than I'll ever know) and I happen to value their opinions and thoughts!! Thanks and yes, I am excited about my new speakers! Peace