John Wetton Bass, vocals, and keyboard
    t7awpdull2m5.jpeg
  • Steve Hackett Genesis Revisted Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Wishbone Ash - Live Dates
  • dromunds
    Boogie With Canned Heat - (a shout out to P-man!)
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    CCR: Willie And The Poorboys.
  • hope you didn't wake him up!
    Wishbone Ash - Live Dates LP side 1
    -
    dromunds wrote: »
    Boogie With Canned Heat - (a shout out to P-man!)

• dromunds
    Ha! Wake him up? he needs his cage rattled from time to time, Lol. By the way, its hard to believe but there was a time when EVERYONE I knew had Live Dates in their collection and played it ALL the time. What a world....

Muddy Waters - Can't Get No Grindin' (LP)
  • I'm listening to "The Theory of Everything"
    6iil9q9mrhbt.jpeg
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,713
    Happy Sunday all,
    Got up very early and traveled to NJ to watch my 11 year old nephew play ice hockey. They won 1 to nothing against a bigger and faster team. I just turned on the TV hoping that Dolphins were on the tube. Sadly no so I'm watching the Jets Steelers game.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    l3gj5yt695gm.jpg

Deep Feeling ~ Pretty Colours

Look at the young Jim Capaldi on the cover
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    valzz5mur1bx.jpg

Strawberry Alarm Clock ~ The World In A Sea Shell
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• What am I listening to ? The beautiful sound of the Steelers getting whooped by the Jets! Loving it!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Go Browns!
    More Rolling Stones...
    What am I listening to ? The beautiful sound of the Steelers getting whooped by the Jets! Loving it!

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    LP...

ql526nrhio09.jpg
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Sarah McLachlin * Solace * Spotify

BTW my favorite Canned Heat is still the 1st -Dust my Broom is still a favorite, Rollin & Tumblin... I just never like their 2 biggest hits, like "Going up the country" but the others are pretty good.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    To each his own....Canned Heat...Living The Blues....I never get tired of this...
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    LP...

2a1cn16u7fbi.jpg
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Mono Mr. Fantasy - Traffic
    - 7v1pim0vjqv5.jpg
  • pumpkinman
    ek30hbmbdft8.jpg

Canned Heat ~ Future Blues
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Canned Heat "Dust My Broom" off of 'In Search Of Space-The Sixties'
  • dromunds
    What about that Packer game last night, huh? Ist half was one for the record books. BTW, Bob Dylan's version of Rolling & Tumblin' is pretty decent also. Always liked Canned Heat's also, though. And the Allman Bros., and Johnny Winter, although different title.
  • pumpkinman
    edited November 2014
    0829421801627_600.jpg

Canned Heat ~ Boogie 2000

As far as I can tell the drummer "Adolfo de la Parra" is the only surviving member in the band.

He replaced Canned Heat's original drummer, Frank Cook and played his first gig with the band on 1 December 1967. He joined in time for their second album, Boogie with Canned Heat, and has played on every subsequent album up to present day.

I think this is a great rock/blues album. If you come across it I think it's worth picking up.

BOOGIE 2000 - CD 1999
    (Ruf Records / USA, Germany)

REVIEW 1:

BOOGIE 2000 is the right album to celebrate the new century. The Canned Heat Boogie makes it a true pleasure!
    I've received a copy on August 29th 1999 and after first hearing switched the cd player into "repeat mode". Me getting addicted to an album such quick happens rarely. First word which struck my mind was "Wow!". Is this really a band which started in 1966? Unbelievable. Amazing. Simply great. A well done mixture and melting of Boogie, Rock, Swing and Blues, of course. If I can trust my ears I have also recognized some latin rhythms. A fresh meal, served with such a lightness - it makes consuming a real pleasure!
    Try it! Gabi.
    P.S.: I would like to recommend this album to some of those typical "60's Revival Bands" who "ride their horses to death". Take an example on how to carry on without getting "old". Have fun!

1999 by Gabi Schwanke - Gabi's Music Club

REVIEW 2:

"Boogie 2000" shows that the group Canned Heat is ready for the millennium. Over the years the band has evolved a style that mixes together elements of the old and the new. This reflects the combined influences of the old guard -- Fito De La Parra, Larry "The Mole" Taylor and producer/manager Skip Taylor -- and the newer blood of Robert Lucas and Greg Kage.
    The album features eight originals and four covers, the first of which is the excellent opener, "Wait and See". The song was written by Dave Bartholomew and Fats Domino, but the driving rhythm is very much in the swamp pop vein. It shows that Lucas is the ideal frontman for the band. He has a big persona and a great big voice to match. Lucas is also an adept slide guitarist, something which he proves on the ensuing "Last Man".
    There's a change of sound and vocalist for "World of Make Believe" where Greg Kage takes over. This one has a Latin edge, making the band sound almost Santanaesque, and illustrates the flexibility and versatility inherent in the current line up. More evidence for this comes in the band's mellower moments where they tackle songs that would not traditionally have been associated with The Heat. The first, Robert Moore's "Searchin' For My Baby", marries together elements of gospel and soul, and is immediately followed by a fairly straight country version of Willie Nelson's "I Got Loaded". The other example is the original "She Split", where the band do a more than passable impression of Steely Dan.
    There's something indefinably wonderful about the guitar sound of The Heat. It's been there since the early days, and thankfully it's still there in plentiful supply. Just check out tracks like the Gary Cooper inspired "Too Much Giddyup (Not Enough Whoa)" if you don't believe me.
    Proof of the band's contemporariness credentials comes with "2000 Reasons (Y2K Blues)". This is, somewhat surprisingly, only the second Blues song I've come across which deals with the impending doom that could result from the millennium bug. (The other is Paul Lamb and the Kingsnakes "Millennium Blues".)
    Canned Heat remains as relevant to the Blues today as they were thirty-something years ago when they formulated their John Lee Hooker-inspired brand of Blues 'n' Boogie. "Boogie 2000" retains enough elements to keep the older Heat fans happy, whilst still sounding fresh enough to win them plenty of new fans. Judged by any standards, "Boogie 2000" is a very good album by a band on top form.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Nice Review P-Man!

listening to Boogie 200 via spotify
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD