What Are You Listening To?

Options

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,590
    Options
    As near as I can tell, a 1st press;
    ss8msylg8boy.jpg
    "To fully appreciate the spectacular sound of double drumming in Clear Light, play this record at high volume."
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    edited June 2
    Options
    hip1adcxj56m.jpg

o3pohi4f00rd.jpg
    Post edited by SIHAB on
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • SIHAB
    Options
    From the cheapo section;
    ax7ynzjcpopo.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,002
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    hip1adcxj56m.jpg

o3pohi4f00rd.jpg

I played SRC a lot back in the late 60’s/early 70’s especially their 2nd album.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,573
    Options
    3ojresdrpm7c.jpeg

Ataxia • Automatic Writing
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    vq1cqw4fwc7n.jpeg

Mick Abrahams • Cat Squirrel Blues
    CD 1 Acoustic Recordings
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    xyi1wnhlq4p5.jpeg

SRC • Milestones
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    zvkchvmnz31t.jpeg

Curved Air • Lovechild
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    pfb3y3ij0ssy.jpeg

A Buddha Lounge Tribute To The Beatles
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,591
    edited June 3
    Options
    Off the beaten path.....heard this while driving today. It isn't audiophile. Nowhere even near it but I will say this. This is some lively music! The drummer, chior and horns just make this performance something that I would have loved to experience live. The energy is addictive!

lb6g1qq7y15d.jpg

Oops. Forgot to add the selection! DOH!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SIHAB
    Options
    papumje61qse.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    0oqndepo759z.jpg
    kitx8wj50bwa.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,002
    Options
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    xyi1wnhlq4p5.jpeg

SRC • Milestones

Yes, I played that album a lot when it came out. I need to pull it out and give ‘er a spin
  • SIHAB
    edited June 4
    Options
    swbqadfkydmr.jpg
    6w14g0o5farx.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    zjxywycm8pms.jpg
    Mooner update the heavy psych sounds of early 70’s Indonesia while staying true to the roots of the original scene. Featuring members of The Slave, The SIGIT, Sigmun and Sarasvati, Mooner are a supergroup of the Indonesian heavy/hard rock scene.
  • SIHAB
    edited June 4
    Options
    Hard rock from 1972 on. This LP collects up the singles.
    ovji84x5wvqz.jpg
    oungstown, Ohio 1971-
    "Loud in your face rock-n-roll was summarized by two words - Left End. Left End took elements of boogie rock, glam, and early heavy metal coupled with the attitude of Youngstown's tough working class town and delivered with the subtlety of a metal stamper. People loved 'em or hated 'em, and that's the way Left End wanted it."

Guitarist Steve Schuffert went on to play with the rebooted version of the Godz.
  • SIHAB
    edited June 4
    Options
    Punk, Goth Rock, Deathrock, Horror Rock
    mlmebm92zx1u.jpg
    30irsehi4jfb.jpg
    mxvp8xg667e2.jpg

• SIHAB
    Options
    488e536c0eno.jpg
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 533
    Options
    ra41bnpu7o4y.jpg
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,735
    Options
    s506kjtnauqe.png
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Options
    Definitely like that one! Never heard it before. Thanks. Think I'll listen to the album after the song is over... B)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    Dude, that album is right up my alley! Very nice.

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,735
    Options
    I think(?) you're talking about the Coco Montoya "Can't Look Back" album since you gave it an "Awesome," Tom?

I'm amazed at Apple Music's ability to recommend music on my "channel" that I immediately like. I would say around 1 out of every 20 or 25 songs I have never heard before, but almost invariably download the entire album before the end of that one song. Rarely am I ever dissapointed. That's how I found that album. "Can't See the Streets for My Tears" was the song that led me to the album.

Enjoy (if that's the album you were referring to, that is 😝)!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Options
    It was.

Tom
  • SIHAB
    Options
    f38intoznb0z.jpg
  • SIHAB
    Options
    really nice sounding pressing;
    fb2prkicouct.jpg
  • treitz3
    Options
    What is it? I try to scope in to see what to look for and it's too grainy to see.

Please tell....

Tom
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,781
    Options
    Lost In Translation Soundtrack by Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine, along with some other cool stuff.

I had this on my Discogs wantlist for a few years, and just never got around to picking it up. That turned out to be a good thing, because it was reissued, and this version is supposed to sound a lot cleaner.
    9p6v6civ4riu.jpg

swasam7807yk.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • SIHAB
    Options
    Kikagaku Moyo - Masana Temples GGB-017LP
    Barcode (Text from obi): 6 06825 44412 0
    Barcode (Scanned from obi): 606825444120