What Are You Listening To?

Options

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    clai223sigjm.png
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,317
    Options
    xsvpjcyq5d7k.jpg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    8wq57adsrwis.png
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Got my DAC back, thx Brian!

3rdgknhxdxoc.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    ia5ow5ehbldb.png
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    edited March 2023
    Options
    1980 UK 12" single found at a Goodwill in KY, Pope Paul and the Romans
    (Jimmy Lydon and Patrick O'Donnell)
    24w45us36cy8.jpg
    Jimmy is Johnny's brother (aka Rotten) and Patrick was one of the Bollock Brothers.

From a thrift store in KY comes this Parma Ohio band, The Alarm Clocks!
    5pwmuwvdtfcz.jpg
    Formed in 1965 in Parma, OH, USA, teenagers Mike Pierce (bass and vocals), Bruce Boehm (guitar), and Bill Schwark (drums), the Alarm Clocks got a lot of mileage out of one 45 single, although it would be 40 some years before they would really take advantage of it. The trio recorded two raw slices of garage punk, "Yeah!" and "No Reason to Complain," live in a studio in 1966 and released it on their own Awake label, and a month or so later recorded a live demo tape of their live set at Sound Ideas Recording Studios. Nothing much came of either venture, and the group disbanded in 1967. The single, though, took on a life of its own, gradually filtering through the informal garage band collectors network and becoming a highly sought-after item.
    Both sides of the 45 turned up on 1996's Back from the Grave compilation from Crypt Records, and eventually the bandmembers were tracked down. The A and B side of the single plus the complete demo tape and three tracks from Boehm's earlier band the Perceptions made up the album Yeah!, which was released by Norton Records in 2000.
    Perhaps sensing unfinished business, the Alarm Clocks re-formed in 2006 with all the original members on board plus a new fourth member, guitarist Tom Fallon. This second coming of the group recorded a new album in two days at Freddy Fortune's basement studio in Michigan in 2006. The album appeared as The Time Has Come later in the year from Norton Records.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited March 2023
    Options
    xi107pmvmpxt.jpg
    zwm3ayrq79e6.jpg

UFO-Walk On Water

Schenker rejoins with Moog, Way, Raymond and Parker for my favorite version of the band.

Amazon actually delivered my preorder on time. Woo hoo. Cranking this one😁
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    zi502mft4ol2.jpg

The Outlaws- Bring It Back Alive

Dave Mason is in town in May and the Outlaws are the opening act, not sure who is left but pretty sure Henry Paul still is.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    0afejg52ln45.jpg
    With Larry Taylor of Canned Heat fame and Russell daShiell of Crowfoot.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    bwdxq15s0k5l.jpeg

Flash And The Pan • Headlines
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    96oq4uevtvos.jpeg

Flash And The Pan • Early Morning Wake Up Call
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Been awhile since I listened to this!

ogwim9p7b3re.jpeg

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    ntaifkbovz3f.jpeg

Flash And The Pan • Lights In The Night
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    iap5v10u49s4.jpeg

Lighthouse • One Fine Morning
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• tophatjohnny
    Options
    4y5jcvfsya2m.png
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    jr4nor3ucnxd.jpeg

Sergio Mandes & Brazil ‘77 • Primal Roots
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    ckd7a0cipijp.jpeg

Herb Alpert Presents
    Sergio Mendes & Brasil ‘66
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,317
    Options
    I've been listening non stop since I woke up this morning. I just played the first song on "My selections" and it's still going. Found a couple of new songs/artists yesterday as I was mowing the lawn. Between yesterday and today, I have already put in over 24 hours of listening.

Life is good. I haven't listened this much in years.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Jazzhead
    Jazzhead Posts: 523
    Options
    @treitz3, Tom, there you are mowing the lawn, and here it is in Idaho snowing, plow going up and down the road. lol.... Glad your tunes are sounding great.
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • Jazzhead
    Options
    1z56vqusq48p.png
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    zhrc6nfcy63o.jpeg

Disc 1 from the Buffalo Springfield Box Set
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I've been listening non stop since I woke up this morning. I just played the first song on "My selections" and it's still going. Found a couple of new songs/artists yesterday as I was mowing the lawn. Between yesterday and today, I have already put in over 24 hours of listening.

Life is good. I haven't listened this much in years.

Tom

That’s wonderful :) Life is short enjoy.

Bill
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Jazzhead
    Options
    uhwqapj6mou0.png
    Very well recorded. 1992. Is Cray a better singer, or guitarist? Talent.
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    11a80wr42r6m.jpeg

Buffalo Springfield Box Set
    Disc 2 1966-1967
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• tophatjohnny
    edited March 2023
    Options
    0tfcv6dgdrjo.png

P’Man sent me some vibes !🎼🎶🎶🎶🎼 I’ve been listening to The Buffalo Springfield off and on throughout the day! What a cool group and a cool story !