What Are You Listening To?

Options

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited January 2018
    Options
    k1pn0ph9tr7q.jpeg

Saw him at a "Country Music USA "dinner theater I worked at for a while somewhere in Alexandria Va. I think it was. . I saw a lot of Artists that one long summer when I was 16.

I think I remember Jerry was Drunk as S**t but performed his hits pretty good. I think I remember him playing the piano with his boot heel along with his hands. The crowed was rocking that night too !Everybody behind the scene thought he wasn't going to perform well but he did. I think I remember the staff closest to organizing the night, telling us later that he left with 3 women.

Now my memory is faded concerning those weekend nights there and it could've been another Artist but I think 99% it was him . Jimmy Crash Craddock....he played a weekend there along with a bunch that toured back then. It was definitely a high class steak house with a stage and dance floor too. Talk about a smoky lounge after dinner was finished. Liquor, wine and beer flowed all night. Some even made it back to us if we wanted it. Most Artists were Top Notch Well known performers. The owners son and I made Leather purses with southwest designs we stamped into them using those leather tools. We'd stain and buff them. Stitch the seems like pros too. We were good too. Sold em for like 50.00 each. Back then, that was serious change for us, minus the owners of the Restaurant getting a cut. I almost started to advance into saddle engraving but girls got my attention more after that summer job.

It was a Blast of a job for a 16 year old. I was into ( classic now ) rock then but those live Country Music shows were awesome !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    In regular rotation here...

01e8f7vb2swj.jpeg
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Saw him at a "Country Music USA "dinner theater I worked at for a while. I saw a lot of Artists that one long summer when I was 16. I remember Jerry was Drunk as S**t but performed his hits pretty good. Everybody behind the scene thought he wasn't going to perform well. I think I remember the staff closest to organizing the night, telling us later that he left with 3 women. Now my memory is faded concerning those weekend nights there and it could've been another Artist but I think it was him. Jimmy Crash Craddock....he played a weekend there along with a bunch that toured back then.

It was a Blast job.

Great story! I saw him at a similar venue in North Kansas City, MO in 1983 (the Gold Buffet). Met him accidentally while sneaking a smoke out the side door between the dinner and show. He asked me how to get to Olathe, KS (he pronounced it "Oh La Thay" :D ) from our location because he had met two sisters from there the night before who wanted to party.

Put on a great show! Hope he found the sisters later.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    ie4fpwe9f4bq.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    edited January 2018
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    ie4fpwe9f4bq.jpg

Jesse! You just blew my mind. I never would have thought. Saw them live a couple years ago in Englewood a little bit before the Off! album came out.

I just tell them to get back, when they tell me how to act! I've got the world up my ****$
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    xwmfscz91wbk.jpg

Rick Wakeman • 1984.......Spotify
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Neil Massey Hall. Outstanding SQ

trbizlpcur0y.jpg
  • dromunds
    Options
    My favorite of the Muddy Waters LP's produced by and featuring Johnny Winters

olt5utryts01.jpg
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    ^ Includes "Deep Down In Florida". <3
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    lq3p1ai33nva.jpg

Spotify
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    The Furnace running. Brrr it's cold.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    My heat pump ran almost all night.

The owners manual says that's a lot cheaper than switching on the Emergency resistive strips heat mode for an hour. We were at 76 in most of our house.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    gjghdttkl21k.jpg

John Lee Hooker • The Healer
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• BlueMDPicker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    D A M N! I had forgotten how great the "Medley: Serves Me Right To Suffer / Syndicator" with Van Morrison is. B)

spxttmfj47yw.jpeg
  • pumpkinman
    Options
    6w8e3c8la3el.jpg

Blind Faith • Deluxe Edition
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• dromunds
    Options
    We lost Phil Lynott this dare
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    We lost Phil Lynott this dare

I was just thinking of him a few days ago! When he died, Ted Nugent said that he wanted to pi$$ on his grave because he died from drugs. :facepalm:
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Listened to these in this order (which is required, IMO):
    rkn9fqeyw730.jpg
    me5k55tnod2r.jpg

I am always amazed at how great the original Japanese Mini LP of Obscured By Clouds sounds. Definitely recommended!

Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    Listened to these in this order (which is required, IMO):
    I am always amazed at how great the original Japanese Mini LP of Obscured By Clouds sounds. Definitely recommended!
    I love "Meddle", "Dark Side of the Moon", "Wish You Were Here", "Animals", and "The Wall", but I have never heard anything from "Obscured By Clouds" except for the song "Free Four" on the "Works" compilation. :o

That's going to change soon, though. I bought the "Discovery" box set and I am going to "fill in the blanks" as it were. :p I already "discovered" the album "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" for the FIRST TIME a few months ago.