Recommendations for usb audio cables

Options
2»

Comments

• Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ern Dog I forgot to mention earlier I found another tweek that made a huge difference with the Paradisea DAC. I put a Herbie's RX tube damper I had laying around on the Bendix tube and it really tightened up the imaging. It made as big or probably more of a difference then changing the footers. I used to run tube dampers early on in my tube experience, but got away from running them on my pres and amps the last several years because I thought they took away a little too much air. In this case the damper was a definite improvement for the better. I'm really happy with the sound of this DAC right now and cant wait to here it with a decent USB cable.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dawgfish wrote: »
    Thanks Ern! I would love to hear yours also but unfortunately it looks like we are a little ways apart!

Thanks PFB! I am definitely leaning towards the WW Starlight after yours and Dan's recommendation and reading all of the rave reviews. How would you say the WW Starlight compares to the Pangea AG USB since you have experience with both?

The pangea is super expensive but the starlight reminds me of a nice pair of copper ic's, it has that weight to it and is very forgiving and less critical like the pangea silver core. The pangea is kinda in your face type of sound witch is great for some music and not for other older recordings or lower rez.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    edited April 2014
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Audioquest carbon or Kimber B Bus Cu

+1^^^^^^^^^ I have the audioquest carbon and like it alot. Also have wireworld starlight is very good
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dawgfish wrote: »
    Ern Dog I forgot to mention earlier I found another tweek that made a huge difference with the Paradisea DAC. I put a Herbie's RX tube damper I had laying around on the Bendix tube and it really tightened up the imaging. It made as big or probably more of a difference then changing the footers. I used to run tube dampers early on in my tube experience, but got away from running them on my pres and amps the last several years because I thought they took away a little too much air. In this case the damper was a definite improvement for the better. I'm really happy with the sound of this DAC right now and cant wait to here it with a decent USB cable.

I'll have to try that. Thanks
  • Christo
    Christo Posts: 30
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I need a very long cable run so the good name-brand cables are unfortunately out for me. However, I've had good results as long as the cable is good quality and shielded. I'd love to try one of the established brands to see what I'm missing.