Free Boom mics

13»

Comments

• Hello Adrian,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It would be best to give Polk's CS department a call at: 1-800-377-7655, I'm not sure if they are at work today but give them a call after 9:00am EST.
    You can also send them an email to: polkcs@polkaudio.com.
    Regards, Ken
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    Hello Adrian,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It would be best to give Polk's CS department a call at: 1-800-377-7655, I'm not sure if they are at work today but give them a call after 9:00am EST.
    Regards, Ken

They are closed till Monday.

Jim
  • ash93a wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just purchased a Polk Melee headset for my sons Xbox360 for his Christmas present. sound quality is pretty good, but the little pop down mic is not picking up his very well at all, just been doing some googling on this issue and clearly this is a common problem!
    I believe the Polk Chat Pro Mic add on that can improve this situation... but can the Polk Chat Pro Mic be used in conjunction with the Polk Melee and Xbox 360? from what I see it appears it is a add on for when using it with the Xbox One?
    Really need to find a fix for this issue as he has now just gone back to the generic xbox 360 chat headset and the Polk Melee is just sitting on the bench gathering dust!

Regards
    Adrian

Do yourself a favor and return them ASAP. I wouldn't even bother with contacting customer support as this has been an issue from day one and has yet to be resolved. You will save yourself (and your sons) a lot of headaches by going with a different brand.
  • Hello Adrian,
    Regards, Ken

Hi Ken

I have done the online registration and sent several emails to polkcs@polkaudio.com with no luck.. the only response i keep getting is to register on line (which I have done) plus ring the 1800-377-7655 number which appears to be disconnected... is that number for Australia?? Anyway, what do I do next... all we want is to get the boom mic and puck adapter that apparent will fix the problem..

Regards
    Adrian Harlor
    adrian.harlor@gmail.com
  • Hello,
    Send an email to: Ken.Carter@soundunited.com I don't believe the "800" works outside of the US.
    Regards, Ken
  • ash93a wrote: »

Hi Ken

I have done the online registration and sent several emails to polkcs@polkaudio.com with no luck.. the only response i keep getting is to register on line (which I have done) plus ring the 1800-377-7655 number which appears to be disconnected... is that number for Australia?? Anyway, what do I do next... all we want is to get the boom mic and puck adapter that apparent will fix the problem..

Regards
    Adrian Harlor
    adrian.harlor@gmail.com

They will only send you a boom mic, not a puck adapter. However, the boom mic is only a band-aid solution and will not resolve the mic issues completely. I strongly advise you return your 4Shot headset ASAP and go a different direction. At this point I'm not sure what's more surprising... the fact that people are still actually buying the 4Shot or Polk not including the boom mic with every purchase automatically.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    That is incorrect information. I've confirmed that Polk's CS department has the adapters in stock and can send to anyone who needs them. Probably the best person to contact is Ken.Carter@soundunited.com
  • That is incorrect information. I've confirmed that Polk's CS department has the adapters in stock and can send to anyone who needs them. Probably the best person to contact is Ken.Carter@soundunited.com

Well that's new so I stand corrected. As for boom mics, why don't they include them with the actual product at this point?

• [Deleted User]
    I checked with Polk's CS guys and was told that indeed they are including boom mics with the headphones. Thousands of pairs were packaged with the mics in preparation for last Black Friday.
  • Datsun
    Datsun Posts: 2
    I can confirm. I contacted Ken yesterday by email and I just received (less then 24h later) a confirmation number for my shipment for the xbox one adapter and the Boom mic. I will update when I receive the package.
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks for posting those results!
  • Datsun
    Datsun Posts: 2
    I received the package last week!