Free Boom mics

Options
Dutch eXo
Dutch eXo Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Video Games
So I was on twitter today and saw polk audio retweeted major nelsons tweet about a free mic extension that replaces the cord from controller to headset...and its free if you have bought a 4 shot or melee headset. All you have to do is sign in, go to support tab, and click on register product. Simply enter the fields and after its registered make sure your address info is correct because the guy I talked to on the phone from polk said they will ship out by the end of the month. By the way I called because I didn't know how to sign up and all you have to do is register your product. Just putting word out to save you from having to search around for info.
Post edited by Dutch eXo on

Comments

• Dutch eXo
    Dutch eXo Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    Options
    the date these mics will be shipped has been confirmed and will be sent out March 31st
  • Sirch
    Sirch Posts: 20
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I've already registered my Melee and received the adapter for the X1, do I have to do anything else? Where can I find more info?
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sirch wrote: »
    I've already registered my Melee and received the adapter for the X1, do I have to do anything else? Where can I find more info?

No, you don't have to do anything else. They'll send you a mic as soon as they are available.
  • La Pistola
    La Pistola Posts: 17
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I just got my shipping notice today!
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My friend and I both received shipping notices for our boom mics this morning. We are both in Michigan and delivery date is slated for Thursday.

Others have already received theirs (some lucky ones in Cali anyways): http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/21mtm3/polk_4_shot_with_recently_delivered_chat_pro/
  • RobMitch
    RobMitch Posts: 23
    edited March 2014
    Options
    For the people who have the boom mic can others hear you fine now?
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited March 2014
    Options
    RobMitch wrote: »
    For the people who have the boom mic can others hear you fine now?
    Received mine today & my buddies can hear me just fine now.
  • Sacrinis
    Sacrinis Posts: 41
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I still have no received a confirmation email that mine was sent out, I hope they hurry! Kinda tired of waiting, I may call Polk tomorrow and see whats up.
  • Sacrinis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Any news on whats going on with the Boom Mics? I still have not gotten any confirmation mine is on its way. Do I need to do something special other then just register my product?
  • sframsden3
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sacrinis wrote: »
    Any news on whats going on with the Boom Mics? I still have not gotten any confirmation mine is on its way. Do I need to do something special other then just register my product?

You shouldn't need to do anything more than register, but it wouldn't hurt to call. If you don't mind me asking, what is your location? If US, I would imagine you should be receiving shipping notification shortly. Me and one of my friends both got our e-mail notifications over the weekend and scheduled to deliver to our houses (both in Michigan) by Thursday.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    Options
    recieved my email notification on 3/28/14. will be here tomorrow!

CA to AZ.
  • Sacrinis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    sframsden3 wrote: »
    You shouldn't need to do anything more than register, but it wouldn't hurt to call. If you don't mind me asking, what is your location? If US, I would imagine you should be receiving shipping notification shortly. Me and one of my friends both got our e-mail notifications over the weekend and scheduled to deliver to our houses (both in Michigan) by Thursday.

I am also in Michigan, still nothing though.
  • St00
    St00 Posts: 11
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Will this be any different for us English folks?
  • shepx2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    St00 wrote: »

No, I think the mic will pick up your accent just fine ;-)
  • RobMitch
    edited April 2014
    Options
    St00 wrote: »

polk ‏@polkaudio Mar 27
    @Jamsmitchell we will be shipping the Chat Pro mics to our international customers (free of charge), but they won't ship until April 7th.
  • Ziggy2112
    Ziggy2112 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Haven't received a shipping notice yet. Will these be shipped in order of those who registered?
    What do you mean, "I ain't kind"?
    I'm just not your kind.
  • jimjitsujax
    jimjitsujax Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Options
    no word from Polk on my ship date. I registered the first day I got them before I knew of the issues and no notification. My friend got his notification on both of his. I have been defending Polk for them to forget about me. So ridiculous.
  • Tiremfej
    Tiremfej Posts: 11
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't understand why you'd take it so personal. They don't have to send anything out to anyone. I find it very cool that Polk is stepping up to the plate to correct it, while we wait for MS to clean up their mess. I'm sure they haven't forgotten you...I never got my email, but guess what, I will probably get the boom mic. If I don't, I can wait for the Firmware fix. Polk doesn't owe me anything.
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited April 2014
    Options
    no word from Polk on my ship date. I registered the first day I got them before I knew of the issues and no notification. My friend got his notification on both of his. I have been defending Polk for them to forget about me. So ridiculous.
    According to Kenneth Swauger, Polk forums moderator, people can call Polk's CS at 1-800-377-7655. For international customers, the telephone number for customer service is: +1-410-358-3600 or their email address is polkcs@polkaudio.com. They can check on your status.
  • St00
    St00 Posts: 11
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thank you RobMitch that's great news.
  • Axgibson
    Axgibson Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I received my free mic today and I just tested it out by playing back a voice over in Upload studio and the sound quality of the mic is really good. It doesn't have a slight echo like the other mic has sometimes if your in a larger room. I can also see from the sound waves that show up as you are recording in upload studio, that it is picking up a lot better. Thanks for the mic Polk. I love this headset even more now.
  • Bamf
    edited April 2014
    Options
    received my boom mic yesterday. tried it out last night with another friend who also received his. chat quality is great.

Thank you Polk for doing your best to resolve what is another companies issue.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Haven't even gotten notification of a boom mic being sent out yet.

I guess this was just for US citizens only at this stage?
  • SwiftyCG
    SwiftyCG Posts: 29
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Mine was delivered today I have not tried it out yet tho
  • shepx2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Austacker wrote: »
    Haven't even gotten notification of a boom mic being sent out yet.

I guess this was just for US citizens only at this stage?

One of the other threads has a comment from Ken that states that international folks woukd be shipped a little later (but beginning April I believe)
  • COOJOE
    COOJOE Posts: 6
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sorry guys, a lot of stuff going on right now. Joe the COO here. Chat Pro mics have landed in Europe, our warehouse has the names and will be sending out to folks in the UK and beyond very shortly. Our distributor in Australia will receive their first shipment on 4/4 and will be shipping them early next week. If you are in the US or Canada and have not received them, I suggest you call our Customer Service folks at 800-377-7655 to make sure you are properly registered. We are expecting our next shipment in the states on 4/4, we're simply out right now...and we ordered a ton of them, we just thought it best to send the first shipment out when we got it, rather than wait till we could fulfill all at the same time. Really appreciate your patience...helps to keep us sane right now. Joe
  • remowilliams84
    remowilliams84 Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Received my boom mic a couple of days ago and it drastically improved the mic volume level. I hope they do get the firmware issue resolved though. I bought the 4 shot in part because I hate boom mics. Now I have to use one anyway.
  • RobMitch
    edited April 2014
    Options
    COOJOE wrote: »
    Sorry guys, a lot of stuff going on right now. Joe the COO here. Chat Pro mics have landed in Europe, our warehouse has the names and will be sending out to folks in the UK and beyond very shortly. Our distributor in Australia will receive their first shipment on 4/4 and will be shipping them early next week. If you are in the US or Canada and have not received them, I suggest you call our Customer Service folks at 800-377-7655 to make sure you are properly registered. We are expecting our next shipment in the states on 4/4, we're simply out right now...and we ordered a ton of them, we just thought it best to send the first shipment out when we got it, rather than wait till we could fulfill all at the same time. Really appreciate your patience...helps to keep us sane right now. Joe

Coojoe i don't mean to cause any offence but is this real news or are you just trolling? ken can you confirm this please.
  • Bamf
    edited April 2014
    Options
    RobMitch wrote: »
    Coojoe i don't mean to cause any offence but is this real news or are you just trolling? ken can you confirm this please.

Joe T. is the COO of Polk USA.

Ive emailed him previously about the adapter shipments.

So, I would guess that what he states on here is not "trolling".
  • sframsden3
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Bamf wrote: »
    Joe T. is the COO of Polk USA.

Ive emailed him previously about the adapter shipments.

So, I would guess that what he states on here is not "trolling".

I think the concern here is how do we know that this is the same guy and actually the COO? This is his first post on the forums, so it is somewhat sketchy...