Scotty has lost Deb to illness

Comments

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited February 2014
    I am very sorry for your loss..you two were together in the beginning...and at the end...she is in a place now where there is no pain..find joy in that...
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited February 2014
    So sorry to hear. My condolences and wish you well.
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to hear of your loss; my condolences.

Roger
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,424
    edited February 2014
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Scotty. The love you two shared was clear from what you've shared with us.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • 4xoddic
    4xoddic Posts: 372
    edited February 2014
    Scottty -

My condolences. Keep this in your thoughts: Memories are the only thing we take with us and leave behind with those we love.

Sunrise doesn't last all morning
    A cloudburst doesn't last all day
    Seems my love is up and has left you with no warning
    Its not always going to be this grey

All things must pass
    All things must pass away

Sunset doesn't last all evening
    A mind can blow those clouds away
    After all this, my love is up and must be leaving

All things must pass
    All things must pass
    None of life's strings can last
    So, I must be on my way
    And face another day

Now the darkness only stays the night-time
    In the morning it will fade away
    Daylight is good at arriving at the right time

All things must pass
    All things must pass

All Things Must Pass - George Harrison 1943-2001

http://www.last.fm/music/George+Harrison/_/All+Things+Must+Pass

My thoughts are with you & yours.

Respectfully,

Joe
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited February 2014
    I cant find the words to tell you everything i want to, im sorry, but you all know how much i appreciate everything.

Please dont worry about flowers, a small gravesid ceremony tom. at 11 is all she wanted.

After spending 13 days with her in the I.C.U at emory in atlanta, 200 miles from home because of pnuemonia, and enduring the brutal things they have to do to try and save a life, we organized a mass prayer among hundreds of people, most of whom we did not, and will never know.

At 11 am yesterday, i went to the parklike setting behind the hospital because debs beloved birds were singing away in the trees.

as i prayed the bell tower started to toll, after ten minutes of focused hard praying for mercy for deb, we were all done.

I slowly made my way back to her room, our home for two weeks, and heard outside the door,"Can anyone get a pulse"

I was there in time for them to clear out to talk to her, to kiss her sweet face and be with her as the machines told me god had taken her home.

I had been out of gods light many times in those awful days, its a horrible place to be.

I had cursed god, asked how he could let this angel suffer her whole life, and now this constant torture and fear.

What i did not realize until fri. night was that god was with us, he was sparing her the agony of lying at home, being eaten away for months by her cancer, and as soon as we all cried out together for mercy, within the time it took me to walk back, he had said, "OKAY, GO TO HER"

I am writing this just to help anyone who is or will be facing any crisis, dont doubt god,he is with you,dont go into the darkness, its awful.

She is free for the first time in 54 years, and she is with me always.

thank you all, god bless.

scott nd deb
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited February 2014
    That was very moving....can't help the tears.

Thank you for sharing that and God bless to you and wishing you and yours peace.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,341
    edited February 2014
    Your words brought a tear to my eye Scotty... God bless you and all those around you. You have been her Saint, her guardian and champion in this life. Now you have an angel smiling over your shoulder. If there is anything you need, just ask.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,828
    edited February 2014
    My sincerest condolences go out to you, I will pray for continued peace and strength for you and your family.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • DForeman
    DForeman Posts: 468
    edited February 2014
    So sorry for your loss Scotty. My sincerest condolences go out to you and your family.
    Parasound P5 Pre
    Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    Polk Audio Speakers: LSiM 705 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiM 704c
    Oppo BDP-103
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited February 2014
    So sorry for you loss, sending prayers your way for you and your family.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2014
    Folks-- Scotty pm'd me and said that flowers are not needed,,they are having a simple graveside service tomorrow,,I am sure that if you want to send him something,he would not mind at all,,and quite honestly, I am certain that he and his family appreciate any and all support.

Pm me for his addy if you would like.

Thanks--george
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited February 2014
    So sad, prayers for you and your family. God bless her, she sounds like she was a fighter, and you were a lucky man.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Timothy Smith
    Timothy Smith Posts: 764
    edited February 2014
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Debbie is smiling down on you from heaven.

I will pray for you.

Tim
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited February 2014
    So very sorry to hear of your loss Scott, I want you to know you have a lot of people who care and are praying to lift you and your family up through this most difficult time.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,496
    edited February 2014
    That was an absolutely outstanding and moving post Scott. Thanks for the motivating words within your post. God IS with us always; even unto the very "end". God bless you.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • astar13656
    astar13656 Posts: 164
    edited February 2014
    Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers go your way.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2014
    So sorry for your loss Scotty. :-(
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,571
    edited February 2014
    That brought tears to my eyes. Stay strong Scott im sure Deb would want you to be.
    Randy
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2014
    My condolences to you and your family, Scott. May god bless you and yours in this time of need.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Jason_k
    Jason_k Posts: 110
    edited February 2014
    Sad news. My condolences.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,489
    edited February 2014
    Sorry for your loss Scott. May God give you the strength to make it through this tough time.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,731
    edited February 2014
    Tears running down my face as I read this. Scott, prayers and condolences sent. Stay strong brother, she is in a better place and no longer suffering...
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited February 2014
    For those that would care to leave a message on the Funeral Home's tribute page, here is a link to it....
    http://www.cochranfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Debra-Wise/#!/TributeWall
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited February 2014
    My condolences Scotty. Debbie will be in your heart until you join her.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    edited February 2014
    Terrible news to hear. I am so sorry for your loss Scott. May you be able to find peace knowing that Deb is no longer suffering. Prayers to you and the family.
    [
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,239
    edited February 2014
    Monday's are bad enough but OMG to see this I'm just at a loss for words.
    Scotty my family and I pray for you and your loved one Deb.
    let us know if you need anything we're here for you pal.

Ivan
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2014
    Oh man. Scotty, best thoughts and prayers from our family to yours. God Bless my friend.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,579
    edited February 2014
    For anyone interested, I have Scotty's address. I plan on sending a card or flowers or something.

I think it would ROCK if a bunch of us bombarded him with cards. PM me if you want it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    edited February 2014
    So sorry for your loss.

I'll take that address please.