Your Top Pet Peeves

2»

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by organ

Soundstage: I just gave up on this one. They don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Maurice

Gee,
    I never have this problem :D

My pet peeve? "It's digital!" No matter what comment you make people answer with this comment assuming "digital" means perfect, best you can get, flawless... Really pisses me off.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited February 2004
    I just dont like the soundstage headphones produce
    I hate stuff *inside* my head, the vocals are like my brain. I just cant take it. I prefer a stereo over it, even at low volumes instead of ear blasting. Just the soundstage, nothing wrong with the sound.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    One Pet Peeve for me?

Threads like this.

Cheers,
    Russ

Amen.

If I had to pick out one pet peeve is when I bring someone in the cave, give them a good demo and so forth and then they say something to the effect of "Now all you need is a cool big/plasma/flatscreen TV and it would be perfect"

No, idiot, if I wanted a friggin TV, I'd have one. In fact, you know, I bet I could live happily ever after without a TV, PERIOD.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • lord_byron
    lord_byron Posts: 23
    edited February 2004
    Kingkip, I found that article linked from this page:
    http://bruce.coppola.name/audio/index.html
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited February 2004
    I'll play along...

1. People who insist that new audio "formats" are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Try listening to good old 2 channel again.

2. People, mainly salesmen, who think they know what they're talking about and think that you don't know didly. It's fun to play with these kinds of people then walk out leaving them wondering about what you just said!!

3. Tweek stuff. I mean, sure, maybe some things do make a difference in sound but come on, when does it stop? Crap, I could spend tons on "stuff" for my equipment or I could spend tons on better equipment. I doubt my ears are that good to discern anyway. However, I do believe some tweeks work, just not many of them.

4. Music listening, equipment, and what sounds good to you is what sounds good to you. It's relative people, wake up!!:p
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Threads like this.

You and me both, nothing here but a bag of Flame Bait.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by smglbrth
    3. Tweek stuff. I mean, sure, maybe some things do make a difference in sound but come on, when does it stop? Crap, I could spend tons on "stuff" for my equipment or I could spend tons on better equipment. I doubt my ears are that good to discern anyway. However, I do believe some tweeks work, just not many of them.

I agree. I was looking through some obscure high-end audio catalog, and they're trying to sell everything from mag-lev equipment racks to speaker _wire_ stands. That's right, little stands to hold your speaker wire off the carpet so it doesn't deaden the sound. Give me a break.... If I wanted it off the carpet i'd staple it to the wall.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited February 2004
    Thanks for the welcome Venom

mag-lev equipment racks

I don't normally buy into the whole "super tweaking" idea, but mag-lev racks? I sure it increases performance by at least 3db. Not to mention my amp will float like magic!
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.