Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Very cool!

Does that mean there will be an Emo in your future? :razz:

H9

Since the Sanders amp sounds good I'll keep it. icon6.png

Wave your hand if you're okay, Rich.

All is well Mike! I've been Salking.icon7.png

They sound really good! I need to play with the rear wave thing and placement. There is an opening for the back of Accutron midrange. It is packed with polyfill. You get a solid and grill cover backing plate. You can block the opening with the solid plate, or remove some/all of the fill so with the grill cover on, you can control some dipole action. Maybe it's there to slowly wean you someone off dipoles. ;)

I forgot I loaned my long balanced IC's out so running the amp SE right now.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Man, they dont fill the room NEARLY as much as the other speakers lol.....

How do they sound?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Since the Sanders amp sounds good I'll keep it. icon6.png

Damn the luck!
    All is well Mike! I've been Salking.icon7.png

Excellent! Looked like they were catching it Southwest of you. I grew up in the Midwest, so I remember which way the tornadoes come from.

Enjoy! They look great.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lookin good Rich.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Enjoy, Rich! I look forward to hearing (and seeing!) them.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Congrats Rich!

Plenty of room for a Krell KSA-250 in there!! Oooooooh it's getting cold out too! ;)
    Carl

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Very nice set-up and addition. I'd love to get a chance to listen to those. His facility is only about 40 minutes away from my house.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    edited November 2013
    Options
    How about a short review Rich. Jimmy looks like he did a nice job on those bad boys.

Thorton,

Since your close man, go listen....seriously. Salk isn't a name thrown around much, but certainly not because they can't compete. Plus you have Jim Salk who stays connected with his customers. You'll be impressed, guaranteed.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks! Too much real life Tony, no time to play. Between that storm Sunday, the fridge puked out, I have someone waiting for my speakers/amps so I have to skid/pack all that. And unfortunately I still have to work for a living. It's like torture...lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks! Too much real life Tony, no time to play. Between that storm Sunday, the fridge puked out, I have someone waiting for my speakers/amps so I have to skid/pack all that. And unfortunately I still have to work for a living. It's like torture...lol

You heard it right here folks - amps.*

*Amps, n. - the plural form of amp.

Relax and enjoy the music, Rich.
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You heard it right here folks - amps.*

*Amps, n. - the plural form of amp.

Relax and enjoy the music, Rich.

There, I've gone and done it now...got another Krell on order.

I got my long pair of balanced cables shipped back to me so hope to listen soon. Not tomorrow though. I rent a trailer to get a skid of speakers to a nearby freight facility. Thanks for your patience.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ..... Between that storm Sunday, the fridge puked out...
    I know your pain all too well. I'm renting a home here in IN since I moved last year and our fridge went out about a month ago. We went a solid week because of mixups in getting a new replacement. So, the A/V and the fridge were the two plugs I pulled when the lights started to blink around here....the storm came through pretty quick and the winds were not too bad. This past Spring we were in a different house and that storm was pretty rough...the roof blew off the house down the street and trees were down everywhere. So, we took this warning serious and took cover in the basement. Our hearts go out to thos that got hit hard....I can't imagine.....

Anyway, another Krell? As asked before, if you ever want to have a day to show it off, I would love to be invited.....just saying......

Walt
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • tonyb
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Excuses....excuses...take some personal days off and get busy bro. LOL
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Excuses....excuses...take some personal days off and get busy bro. LOL

No Joke man.... I made a one day trip out there (3.5 hours one way) so its not like your farther away than that lol.....

Heck I am debating another trip out that way at some point anyway (but thats because I stalk Tony and he just doesn't know about it)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey, more power to ya if you can stand the **** fumes behind me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    I know your pain all too well. I'm renting a home here in IN since I moved last year and our fridge went out about a month ago....

Anyway, another Krell? As asked before, if you ever want to have a day to show it off, I would love to be invited.....just saying......

Walt

Walt, we were lucky. I fixed the fridge with hair dryers. The coils were frosted/frozen. Could be a defrost heater issue. I can see the bottom of the coils through slots in the panel I had to remove to get it at, so if I see it happening again, I order a heat element.

This weekend I’m trying to fix a BAT tube amp for a friend, weekend after is Thanksgiving, after that looks free. By then I hope to have them dialed in properly. We’ll get Dan out here again. Maybe Tony will finally show up once too....;)

Yes on the Krell. Another KSA 250. Seems I don’t own an amp anymore…lol

Big weight off me, I got my skidded speakers and bass amp to freight so it’s on the way to Florida.
  • tonyb
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ouch !! Nice zinger there Rich.

Eh...I deserve it though. December is filling up quick for me. Maybe after the first of the year ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes on the Krell. Another KSA 250. Seems I don’t own an amp anymore…lol

I heard you were considering an Emo!
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I guess every party needs the awkward kid in the corner. :lol:

Dan and Dave can continue their discussion about the merits-or not, of Rap music....lol

tonyb wrote: »
    Ouch !! Nice zinger there Rich.

Eh...I deserve it though. December is filling up quick for me. Maybe after the first of the year ?

My bad...couldn't resist...it's just that all these people show up, find you're not there and leave.

schwarcw wrote: »

As good as it is, I'll take the Krell.;) That Ed had this plan and over time, finally assimilated me to the Krell.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited November 2013
    Options

ouch. That hurts, that hurts a lot!
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I guess every party needs the awkward kid in the corner. :lol:

Yup that's me..... Though I also dance like no ones watching too......

Plus they need to be introduced to artists like Two Chains lol (jk)..... Cause Jump around doesn't count as rap anymore.... DAVE
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This weekend I’m trying to fix a BAT tube amp for a friend, weekend after is Thanksgiving, after that looks free. By then I hope to have them dialed in properly. We’ll get Dan out here again. Maybe Tony will finally show up once too....;)

If I can be pried from the new sweet spot, I'm scheming on a trip to Chi Town. You've got the "awkward kid in the corner", I can be the fat man in the bathtub with the blues. :cool:
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    ouch. That hurts, that hurts a lot!

It's doesn't sound as bad as it sounds... ;) Nothing wrong with mo-betta either.
    Cause Jump around doesn't count as rap anymore.... DAVE

That was me that played that. Remember, I'm dated. What isn't now was then and all that. They called Zep heavy metal back in the day too. Anyway, I always think of that Bridgestone tire commercial when I hear Jump Around. Cracks me up.

http://youtu.be/becjk2__Q5M
    If I can be pried from the new sweet spot, I'm scheming on a trip to Chi Town. You've got the "awkward kid in the corner", I can be the fat man in the bathtub with the blues. :cool:

That be kewl! icon6.png We can paint the town blue...did red the last time Carl was here and Ed said he doesn't do spray cans, brush only.

And what a great sweet spot it is! I can't find mine, only silence...Sanders amp is shipped. I did stick my long balanced cable and tried it first. The Sanders did work, although some might have found it too neutral with just slight warmth, my fav. Not bright at all. Not bad for all SS.
  • schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That Ed had this plan and over time, finally assimilated me to the Krell.

Another road trip LOL! I might be able to pony it.
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Another road trip LOL! I might be able to pony it.

We are getting too old for moving amps like that Carl! Maybe better send it freight...lol
  • SCompRacer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Several years ago I heard a pair of Magico Reference speakers powered by a mix of eight 700/1000 watt Acoustic Reality ICE amps and that changed my perspective of ICE power to the good. I've never tried any ICE power in my systems until now.

Thanks to a forum members loan, I am no longer ampless. Wyred SX-1000 mono blocks. 570w in 8Ω, 1,140w in 4Ω. So far the old Krell KSL pre is keeping me from any brightness. Highly dynamic and nuanced amps. I am impressed! Still want to hear the old Krell amp in the mix, but 28 total pounds versus 140....
  • schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Looking good Rich! Glad to know you are rockin' out RockMan!
    Carl

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've got speaker envy, but if you want to simplify your system sell your pre and consider an integrated like the Modwright KWI-200, and if you have issues with the brightness then look at the Hegel 200

Congrats looks awesome as usual
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Dude, Rich doesn't do "simple"....not in his vocabulary. Rich has a quest for best possible sound, simple doesn't fit into that schematic. LOL

Damn over achievers.....making the rest of us look like slackers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Cool beans, Rich. Glad you have some music again!
    (Darn you for showing that pic of the beautiful Class D amps)