Oppo BDP-103

leroyjr1
leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
edited August 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is my Oppo 103 in mint condition. Comes with everything I got from Oppo. Have to recheck the exact purchase date but I'm guessing it's around 7 months old. Haven't used it much in the last 3 months.

Asking $435 shipped.

image.jpg
Post edited by leroyjr1 on

Comments

• leroyjr1
    edited August 2013
    P.S. add 3% for PayPal or send as a gift.

Thanks
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2013
    For anyone not wanting to plunk down almost 3x this price for basically what amounts to an improved DAC section, this is a great player.

It's obviously a superb blu ray player and DVD up scaler, has the ability to also upconvert another device like a cable box as well with an hdmi input, has a respectable set of internet streaming options and adds possibility of a lot more with the roku stick, will play media from a local drive, and finally is a great media streaming network player.

All that in one box for such a reasonable price is a no brained.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2013
    If I was in the market for a new Blu ray player , I would grab this right now. It's a remarkable player and this price is excellent.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited August 2013
    Awesome player!!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited August 2013
    For anyone not wanting to plunk down almost 3x this price for basically what amounts to an improved DAC section, this is a great player.

It's obviously a superb blu ray player and DVD up scaler, has the ability to also upconvert another device like a cable box as well with an hdmi input, has a respectable set of internet streaming options and adds possibility of a lot more with the roku stick, will play media from a local drive, and finally is a great media streaming network player.

All that in one box for such a reasonable price is a no brained.
    +1, this says it all. I bought a 103 back in Dec. and recommend this Oppo model to all. Great price on it Lee, GLWTS, this should go fast.
  • toucanet
    toucanet Posts: 580
    edited August 2013
    Pardon my ignorance, but can this player be used in a two channel setup (via connection to FL & FR RCA jacks)? If so, has anyone tried it for two channel and how did it sound?

I'm leaning towards the BDP-105 since it has the designated stereo (analog) output. However....:surprised:
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited August 2013
    toucanet wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but can this player be used in a two channel setup (via connection to FL & FR RCA jacks)? If so, has anyone tried it for two channel and how did it sound?

I'm leaning towards the BDP-105 since it has the designated stereo (analog) output. However....:surprised:

I have BDP-93 hooked up to HT via HDMI AND via L/R RCA - RCA strictly for 2-channel play, it sounds amazing.
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2013

Is the Oppo 105 better than the 103? Yes, it's better by a significant margin. But it's almost 3x the asking price of the 103 here and it's probably not 3x as good. I can't tell you whether the 105 is worth the premium for you (for me it was), but what I can say for sure is that the 103 is worth every bit of the asking price here.
  • leroyjr1
    edited August 2013
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited August 2013
    Congrats on the sale Lee, someone just got them one hell__ of a nice Blu Ray machine!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited August 2013
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Sold

What do you have plans for next as I cannot see you going without a bdp
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    edited August 2013

Hi
    I have my Oppo-103 connected via the FL & FR RCA to my B&K Pre and it sounds great.

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • toucanet
    toucanet Posts: 580
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I waited too long and missed out on this piece of gear from a stellar Polk member.