My surround bar 5000 shuts off randomly while using the bluetooth function!

Options
jstitans24
jstitans24 Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Troubleshooting
So I'm having a problem with my sound bar. It shuts off randomly while using the bluetooth function. I'll connect to it with my iPhone and it'll work for a few songs and then it just shuts off, randomly. And then I have to turn off the bluetooth on my phone, turn it back on again and then reconnect it to the sound bar to have it start playing again. PLEASE HELP!
Post edited by jstitans24 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hello jstitans24,
    Usually this type of problem is caused by whatever is providing the audio source isn't sufficient strength to keep the "auto on/off" function on. Is the signal coming from the iPhone at all variable? If so, raise it to the highest level providing it doesn't begin producing distortion. There also can be some unit-to-unit variability in the input sensitivity of the SurroundBar, it might be worth getting your unit exchanged, if possible.
    Contact Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 or via email to: polkcs@polkaudio.com.
    Regards, Ken
  • jstitans24
    jstitans24 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure what that means, whether the signal coming from the iPhone is variable or not, nor how to raise it either. But it does it pretty much every time I try to listen to my phone via Bluetooth. Again, it'll play a few songs or so and then just randomly, the song will stop playing. The Bluetooth says that it's still connected, along with the iPhone itself. Then I have to disconnect them and reconnect them in order to listen to it again.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It would be best to contact Polk at the numbers and addresses I gave above, I'm not at all experienced with Bluetooth technology, sorry.
  • hchauhan
    hchauhan Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    hi guys, did you reach a solution on this issue? I am having the same issue using my macbook where the soundbar shuts off automatically after sometime.
  • sethlouis
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. After 5-10 minutes playing via iphone bluetooth the soundbar will randomly turn off. Any solutions out there?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. That kind of problem is usually caused by the incoming signal not being strong enough to keep the auto on/off from triggering. I'm not sure how that would relate to a wireless connection, however. Give Polk a call at: 1-800-636-7276 tomorrow after 10:00 o'clock AM eastern time for assistance.
    Regards, Ken
  • virusmind
    Options
    I am streaming internet radio from an ASUS laptop via Bluetooth to a Polk Audio Sound Bar 5000. The sound bar was powering itself off automatically every couple of minutes. After reading the comments on this thread, I turned the volume all the way up on my laptop as well as the on the internet radio player. This did minimize the issue. However, despite the signal being 100%, the sound bar continues to randomly turn itself off. Pretty big disappointment. Just another "modern technology" that fails.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It might be a good idea to give Polk's CS guys a call at 1-800-377-7655, couldn't hurt.
    Regards, Ken
  • dmwoodcock
    Options
    What is the solution for the soundbar 2000 not turning off every 10 minutes? I have 12 of these in different rooms and the customer now wants me to replace them all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about the "auto on/off" not working? A good place to begin would be with Polk's CS department, 1-800-377-7655 or via email to: polkcs@polkaudio.com.
    Regards, Ken
  • mpcote
    mpcote Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This problem happens to me too. I am starting to regret buying this expensive speaker. Don't get me wrong the sound is great but I specifically bought this soundbar so I can listen to my music with bluetooth... How can we fix this? BTW I am using a Macbook Air 2015.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    From what I gather most of that kind of problem can be solved by considering an upgrade in the router's capability. But, check with Polk CS for the best advice at either 1-800-377-7655 with a wireless product support number of 1-800-638-7276. There's also an email address of polkcs@polkaudio.com.
    Regards, Ken
  • bradkappel
    Options
    I have a Polk magnifi connected to a LG smart tv via optical cable. Sound bar works fine for Bluetooth, but cuts out when watching tv. Just started, it worked fine for the last 6 months since I got it. Any idea why?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It's probably a good idea to get in touch with Polk's CS department at 1-800-377-7655, have the bar's serial number and place and date of purchase handy when you do.
    Regards, Ken
  • dongemus
    dongemus Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm also having this problem. It also happens with my wired connections. With so many people having this problem I don't know if just calling polk is the solution. Did anybody call or find another solution. I'm ready to throw this thing out the window and it's only a couple months old
  • jcfische
    jcfische Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got my Polk Soundbar two weeks ago and wish I would have known this before my purchase. I'm having the Bluetooth issue where the sound bar turns off after a few songs. Ive tried it with my Samsung galaxy 5 and my ipod with the same results. The sound is great, but I also purchased my soundbar so I could stream my music via bluetooth. Any solutions?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Polk Audio offers a wireless helpline at 1-800-223-5246 available Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 9:00pm and weekends from 10:00am until 6:00pm eastern standard time. This is the best source for solving connectivity related issues.
  • patsylindler
    Options
    My speaker isn't making any sound at all All lights are on but nothing.
  • suegrinder
    Options
    My 5000 palk keeps shutting of from my tv. Can you tell me why
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The best source for information would be Polk's Customer service department at: 1-800-377-7655 have your unit's serial number at hand when you call.
  • willowbeach
    Options
    I have issues with magnify one, Bluetooth dropping and power shut down after 10 min of connect time with 2 apple, and one Samsung Tab products within 1/2 inch of sound bar. Running TuneIn Radio or local MP3 music make no difference. Have been able to extend to 30 min. by unplugging sub-woofer. Was shipped replacement Bar (no serial no.) same issue plus could not connect to sub-woofer. Return replacement bar, and still with original configuration. TV via optical working great, remote control adjustments great. Working with Adam, Thomas and Sam on this issue.
  • paulinemalone
    Options
    I have a surround bar try to use my Bluetooth and the song skip from my phone and this is a new replacement and still doing the same. So unhappy paid them in full and this is what I get. Only had this one for a month. Need a different one see how it go. Or money back.
  • luiscomte
    Options
    I have the same exact problem. My SB 5000 turns off itself when I'm using Bluetooth connection. I’m from Chile (South America) and in my country Polk don’t have support.