1.2TL's near Indy

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,708
edited January 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2003
    Drool. (Note: I live in Indy). Droool.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited December 2003
    But isn't this price a little high?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by xsmi
    But isn't this price a little high?

Steep? Not in my opinion.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    edited December 2003
    It's a effn steal!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2003
    Could be a fun road trip... I've driven that far for speakers before.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • David Edwards
    David Edwards Posts: 13
    edited December 2003
    I couldn't tell, was there a TV in there somewhere?

The Extreme!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    If they're mint, the prices are not out of line. ebay range for 1.2tl's has been $1800 to $3450.

And looks like you get a copy of raife's compendium to boot...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited December 2003
    Ok,

I was Just asking. This is the first pair I have seen for sale. I am really considering these, but I was just hoping they would be a little less expensive.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2003
    Might be a good price, but high opening bid might somewhat sticker shock people......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2003
    Brett - I agree. He should have just put it BIN only, that's not alot of bidding room.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited December 2003
    I get the impression he really does not want to see these go, hence his statement:

"The wife says these must go before new toys come in.

I don't think he'd be too disappointed if he received no bids. That way, he gets to keep his 1.2TL's (and his B&W 801 series III's) and he has proof for the wife that he "really did try to sell them".;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2003
    Raife, did you sell him the compendium?
    If so, did you talk to this guy much about his SDA's?

Anyway.... he is taking a big risk with BIN.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited December 2003
    Ron,

Yes, I did sell him a Compendium, but I didn't talk to him about his SDA's.

I agree with you about the BIN.
  • David Edwards
    David Edwards Posts: 13
    edited December 2003
    I've always liked starting the bidding low and put in a reserve. Then you can watch and see where the market takes it. The fun part is watching the idiots bid a dollar and actually think they have a chance. You would also get an idea of who the serious ones are.
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2003
    Grrrr.... This A-hole raised the price on the E-bay auction.
    Originally, it was starting bid of $2300 with a BIN price of $2500. Now, its starting bid of $2500 with a BIN price of $2900.

JERK. I will skip these 1.2TL-maybes strictly out of principle.
  • Manamp
    Manamp Posts: 71
    edited December 2003
    Hey Ron,

Judge not lest you be judged. ;)

I raised the price after "another" jerk, dared me that these would not sell at the price I originally had them at. (i.e. 2300) Some emails just piss you off.

So to spite that sucker, I raised the price to prove a point. I understand someone wanting a good deal, but cannot stand holier than thou lecturing types.

For a fellow Hoosier, you can have them at 2300 provided they are not sold by tomorrow evening.

regards,

The Jerk.
    If you are not judgemental, you don't care enough.
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2003
    ManAmp,

I am very interested. Really.
    Please call me ASAP at 317-590-7802.
    I have full-size pickup truck and will travel to Fishers.
    Seeing that $2300 is not a present bidding option on e-bay, please call me very soon (before the bank closes for the holiday).

I now officially retract the Jerk and hole title. You are now officially a kewl dude. Please understand my earlier frustration at seeing the price go up.

Thanks.

Ron Skarvan
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2003
    lol... I thought that basement set-up looked familiar.

Happy New Year, Ron. Odds are you will be picking up some 1.2 tl's this weekend... (no offense Manamp, but that $3400 auction was one of those ebay aberrations, almost $1000 over the next highest auction).
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    edited December 2003
    LOL.....great stuff here.

Manamp,

I think the private buyers thing puts a lot of people off, but I wasn't going to be surprised to see them sell for $2900.00.

I want to know who Earl is...hehe.....to funny.

Ron, I hope you get them.

President of Club Polk

• Manamp
    edited December 2003
    Hey Ron,

I'd be happy to sell them to you provided the guy who committed to me (From Peoria IL) does not come by 3:00Pm tomorrow. I am sorry I had already talked to him before I read the post hence my conditional offer of "if not sold by tommorow evening".

I am really sorry can't go back on my word to that guy. ;)

With the increased price, not sure if they will sell, but people have struck Gold before!

Anyway, the offer still stands for you if he fails to come over.

I will call you to give you my contact info,

regards,

Arif
  • Manamp
    edited December 2003
    F1,

I know these can sell for $2900 but these are too high profile now and I have talked to one guy that I mention. If someone puts in a bid before he picks them up, he needs to put in a higher bid before I close the auction. I will not cancel any bids already there, just because he is at my place.

So basically if there are no bids, he gets it for $2500 if there are, he needs to outbid them. If does not show up, Ron gets a great deal at 2300.

I may lose by not waiting it out... big deal, I still make money on these and enjoyed them while I had them.

Cheers,

Arif
  • Manamp
    edited December 2003
    By the way Raife is right, I don't really want to sell them, but its either these or the 801's so the boss says.

The problem with the 801's is the lower SPL's compared to the 1.2's, so the 801's I am getting are the second pair. I already have one and I will place them one inverted and on top of the other. So that both tweeters are within an inch of each other and the woofers are at the extremes in one tall column.

Maybe that will float my boat.:rolleyes:

PS: I just hope I don't miss the TL's cause I do not want to lug another pair around.
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2004
    Looks like somebody beat me to the 1.2TL's - Sigh.
  • Manamp
    edited January 2004
    Sorry Ron, you missed them by a few hours.

The guy finally got them for $2350 because 2 tweeters were blown (the replacements). ($100 credit) Plus I could not find the Compendium. (I credited another $50 for them) 2500 -150 = 2350.

The other 6 SL3000's were ok.

Raife, do you have more Compendiums? That guy may want to buy one,
    Thanks!!

Man amp
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by Manamp

Raife, do you have more Compendiums? That guy may want to buy one

Sure.