I love my neighbors!

Options
2»

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited April 2013
    Options
    While I love 100+ db music, I have insulated my house and have double pane windows to keep the music in, and outside noise out. The police would have delivered my request list. :biggrin:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SDA1C wrote: »
    With the same disc as before....116.7bd. "A" weight, Max, Fast, High and dbC, -30 db, SRS 2.3 and subs only.

Yes, that number is more inline with the given gear. One question, did you mean C weighted because that's what I meant.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sunfire Signature amps are good for 425wpc x 5 channels. This would become 850wpc into a 4ohm load.

His speakers are 6 ohm.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited April 2013
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Yes, that number is more inline with the given gear. One question, did you mean C weighted because that's what I meant.

Yes, I meant C on the 116.7 reading and A on the 123.5. Is biamping going to really do much? I understand these amps will take from unused channels if its available.
    Too much **** to list....
  • SDA1C
    edited April 2013
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    While I love 100+ db music, I have insulated my house and have double pane windows to keep the music in, and outside noise out. The police would have delivered my request list. :biggrin:

I have a feeling it will come one day LOL. I do not play that loud for very long. In fact this is the first time I have done more than a song or two at that volume. I played Megadeth hits album. 17 songs! LOL. It is the longest I have ever done that. Mostly it is just a tuning or play day that sees a song or two at high volume.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yep Megadeth it is for me when pissing off the rappers down the street Rust In Peace, or Peace Sells, or on the lighter side Count Down. A little Dave Mustaine and the boys does it every time. At those levels your talking about, couldn't imagine
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SDA1C wrote: »
    Is biamping going to really do much?

Since you've got the amp, might as well try it. That said, true bi-amping is a completely different animal.

President of Club Polk

• SDA1C
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The true bi amping being separate signals from the pre I assume rather than the same signal filtered at the crossover? I have done some car audio installs and figure this is what you mean but in that case true biamping would be amped after the crossover correct?