SDA 1C Vs Studio 1C?

Options
i4gotmyid
i4gotmyid Posts: 173
edited December 2003 in Speakers
I just got my grubby hands on a mint pair of Studio 1C's with upgraded tweeters to the sl3000's. So I was wondering what the diff was between these and the regular 1C's and also the 1B's as they look similar to the 1B's, except for the pin-blade cable.
Post edited by i4gotmyid on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2003
    Options
    the studio version is the same guts but does not have the top and bottom wood caps, and the side grill cloth.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    You also might want to pull the crossover and make sure that was "upgraded" also. The values change for the tweeter between the SL2000 and the SL3000. Nice find, but also a even harder tweeter to source.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • i4gotmyid
    i4gotmyid Posts: 173
    edited December 2003
    Options
    thats the only reason i bought it cause i never find any sl3000's.

does anyone have a pic of the orginal x-over so i can see if changes were made to mine?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited December 2003
    Options
    If you email or PM me your email addy, I have a stock 1C schematic I will send you and Doro has a 1C schematic modded for SL3000's that I will get from him, scan and send you. That way if your xovers aren't upgraded you can do it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk