Studies On Residential Power Line Noise Part 11 - Noise Harvester and Quietline

2»

Comments

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Nice write-up again DK. I ordered 3 PS Audio power port classics from an online distributor to initiate my power improvement plans. They shipped me 3 noise harvesters instead. I quickly made a call to exchange (I wanted to work on this during the weekend) so they sent out the power ports and said they will ship me the return label for the noise harvesters on Monday. It took me all about 10 minutes to decide "what the hell, I should try them out before I send them back". I do not have the extensive power management as DK. My system is not on dedicated lines (ceiling lights are also on this line) and everything (HT and 2 channel) is run through a Panamax 5300.

I went into this non-bias. If it works, great. If it doesn't, the return shipper is already on the way. I did not originally purchase these and the total cost would be $150 for the 3. I know many on the forum, including DK and Blue Fox, are always posting on clean power. I am now a believer. In my system, these made a significant difference. Reducing the noise kind of improves everything: soundstage, imaging, transparency, etc. Every song I listened to was easy to tell the difference. And every song sounded better. These little suckers actually put a smile on my face and made my toes start tapping. They are not going back.

I did receive the power ports and just installed them. Power cords will be acquired soon.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @Thorton are you running them with the Panamax 5300?
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Yes. The harvesters are plugged into 3 outlets that are in series with the outlet the Panamax is on. All outlets in the Panamax are already occupied with HT equipment.

Music Direct has these at $50 apiece when you buy 2 or more. With a 60 day return policy, they're definitely something to at least try out.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Maguba
    Maguba Posts: 1
    Hello DK, I read with interest your analysis/study.
    However, AudioPrism manufactured 4 different type in several years:
    "a"- the very first version,
    "b"- MK I,
    "c"- MK II,
    "d"- and the latest MK III, the one you tested that is, in my understanding, the only one having the LED.
    I tried to contact AudioPrism and asked what were the differences among the "4" but I have not received any reply.
    So please let me ask you :
    - Do you know what are the differences or do you have any idea about it ?
    - In my understanding, all of them "4" are filtering the noise on the "AC main line" by shunting the noise between Phase and Neutral regardless the polarity, is it correct ?
    I am going to get some pieces of "a" and some other of "d" and thinking to use all of them on my apartment Power Line... I think this "mixture" could be done without any drawback, is it ?
    Waiting to receive your comments, many thanks in advance,
    Max
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    Hi Max, welcome to the forum. To answer your questions:

1. I do not know the differences between the four versions.
    2. Correct. The Quietline is not polarized. It works equally as well installed either way.
    3. Since I do not know the design and performance differences among the four Quietline versions, I cannot say if there would be a drawback to using a mix of different versions.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!