acoustic dampening.....dynamat?

2»

Comments

• geolemon
    geolemon Posts: 67
    edited December 2003
    Yep, myself and co-founder (and fellow VP) in Maryland, and a number of investors... Better Audio, if I didn't post the site before. Not much there now, since we sold out of our last amp, and have stopped to catch our breath and collect investors. ;)

And there's pictures of the Nissan... in my link earlier (isn't there?)
    It's not a truck for towing with or going off-road... or even going up driveway entrances that are too steep (scraaaaape! :D Well, it is set up with air in the back)...
    It's an audiophile's truck with a lowrider mentality. :cool:

But Nissan trucks are actually amazing little trucks... like Toyotas.. the resale values stay way up there because the things can't be killed. I bought a Pathfinder to replace it because its been so damn good.
    I just need to sell it because I'm unemployed, and it's just wrong to have 5 vehicles between 2 people (and my wife only has 1 :p )..
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2003
    that sub looks pretty phat -- that basket looks identical to an mtx 8000... although obviously the sub is nothing like an 8k -- :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • geolemon
    geolemon Posts: 67
    edited December 2003
    Oh, the 12 spoke Venezuelan basket is one of the most popular in the industry... one of the only good "open tooling" baskets available on the market.
    The other popular one is the 4-leg basket (or 6-leg, in 15" form).

I prefer the 12 spoke, as it offers enough rear clearance for nearly 40mm of one-way rearward excursion (depending on your choice of spider), although the 4-leg isn't much less. But, in addition it has direct voice coil venting right below the top plate, where the 4-leg basket does not.
    And I think the 12 spoke basket looks better. :cool:

You'd have to compare our sub to possibly two MTX 8000's though, to be fair about it... and even still, the MTX's wouldn't come close to the detail that the XBL^2 motors can provide.
    The 8000 series is a simple, traditional overhung motor design, that would yield a traditional parabolic BL curve plot. ;)

I'll have to show you a cone assembly, and the inner workings of our older XBL^2 motors... you'd probalbly be surprised at how such a small (but low inductance! ;) ) set of windings can yield such high power-handling (1600w RMS), and high excursion capability (27.5mm one-way).
    I've got some here. :cool: