Amp installation kit

2»

Comments

• Kschultz76
    Kschultz76 Posts: 59
    edited December 2003
    This is a link to Streetwires website for the ZN 2.0's I got, they are one of the "classic" products.....

ZN 2.0

Did I do something dumb and buy the wrong RCA's??

-Kevin
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2003
    PoweredByDodge----

Much obliged for the info.

The home audio wire Ive been using is not twisted and while it is shielded I doubt its as thoroughly done as car wire. Hell, I thought the only difference between car and home wire was durability and flexibility. Honestly I dont really hear any noise in my system but just knowing I may have sub-standard interconnects will bug the piss out of me. LOL

I think Ill be stopping in good ol' Circuit City in the next few days for 3 pair of some Tsunami RCA's.

Thanks again bro. Ya learnt me something.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • delvryboy
    delvryboy Posts: 62
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by Kschultz76
    This is a link to Streetwires website for the ZN 2.0's I got, they are one of the "classic" products.....

ZN 2.0

Did I do something dumb and buy the wrong RCA's??

-Kevin
    no...those are some damn good interconnects....just like PBD said earlier...when getting into a decent twisted pair....they are pretty much the same across the board...it really comes down to a matter of preference at this point...i like stinger products....so thats what i use...doesn't mean they are better or worse than xyz's products

i used those same interconnects in a friends install....he originally purchased a set of tsunami's that were double shielded purple....those he used from the HU to the trunk....however i found the shorter lengths stiff and harder to work with...so we used the ZN2's from the 3.1 to the amps because of the color match.....that was over a year ago and he has had no complaints
    Post ****

2003 MECA M2/MR2/DB1 IL State Record Holder/Champion

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • delvryboy
    delvryboy Posts: 62
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    PoweredByDodge----

Much obliged for the info.

The home audio wire Ive been using is not twisted and while it is shielded I doubt its as thoroughly done as car wire. Hell, I thought the only difference between car and home wire was durability and flexibility. Honestly I dont really hear any noise in my system but just knowing I may have sub-standard interconnects will bug the piss out of me. LOL

I think Ill be stopping in good ol' Circuit City in the next few days for 3 pair of some Tsunami RCA's.

Thanks again bro. Ya learnt me something.
    i am not sure where you are located at or what you have around you

AutoZone, Murray's, and Pepboys carry tsunami and streetwires....the prices are much better than CC

5pack of 150A ANL Tsunami fuses...$8.99:eek:
    Post ****

2003 MECA M2/MR2/DB1 IL State Record Holder/Champion

CarAudioForum
    SoundIllusionsNetwork
    CarAudioTalk
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2003
    Originally posted by delvryboy
    i am not sure where you are located at or what you have around you

AutoZone, Murray's, and Pepboys carry tsunami and streetwires....the prices are much better than CC

5pack of 150A ANL Tsunami fuses...$8.99:eek:

Cool. I didnt know that. Ill give em a look.

Thanks.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D