Minor damage to new speaker grille, would you ask for replacement?

Options
apc
apc Posts: 779
edited January 2013 in The Clubhouse
Just received my new CSiA4 speaker today. The box had minor dents, but nothing noteworthy. One part of the plastic grill was missing a couple of pieces. Must've been that way from the factory because the box showed no sign of a big drop. Would you contact Polk about a replacement grill? If so, any suggestions about a point of contact?

PA1_zpscae07e6e.jpg
Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
Post edited by apc on

Comments

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yes, I would call Polk customer service and see what they say.
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yes, if you bought new, and paid new, you should get new and undamaged.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2013
    Options
    yes.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • apc
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Have taken your advice and emailed Polk customer service.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Absolutely
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Probably easier to call them
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Call them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I think that's why they tell ya to unpack and inspect everything first! They will make right by ya!
  • apc
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Right, but I wasn't at home when UPS delivered...
  • htrdln
    htrdln Posts: 116
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i received a brad new monitor 70 with a broken grill polk replaced with no questions
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Part of the problem with todays society is that we lack face to face contact and or mouth to ear contact.

CALL Polk Audio

They have the best customer service in ANY industry in the WORLD

I had a conversation with Ken Swauger about 15 years ago and he changed my life and made me spend some money:rolleyes: I have three pair of Polk's gone through many components and love my tunes :cheesygrin::mrgreen::lol:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It's amazing how shipping companies have so much damage deliveries. If I owned one of these companies , would start firing people. In general people take little to no pride in there work.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited January 2013
    Options
    With the replacement driver I ordered I received the wrong one, polk support has been very helpful to make sure I get the right one this time and pay for shipping to return the previous one. Call customer support, they'll get you set up I'm sure.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited January 2013
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    It's amazing how shipping companies have so much damage deliveries. If I owned one of these companies , would start firing people. In general people take little to no pride in there work.

Do you realize the millions, yes millions, of packages delivered daily by shipping companies? The instances you read about on forums like this are miniscule. Anything that is shipped is subject to being damaged at any time, it's the nature of the business. You shouldn't deride an industry by using generalized statements and/or isolated incidences. I know it's a PITA to recieve damaged goods, it's happened to me. When instances are personal, some folks tend to lose sight of the bigger picture.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Nhpm510
    Nhpm510 Posts: 138
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Agreed, damage could have happened anywhere along the movement chain. Call Polk CS.
  • apc
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Phoned CS after 3 days no response to email. Fellow was very helpfull as expected. Please note I don't believe the damage was incurred in shipping because the box was not beaten up. Factory packing looked more than sufficient, but who knows exactly what happened.

I order a lot of stuff and have seen my share of abused boxes. As mentioned above, the number of boxes shipped vs damaged might be an interesting ratio. I thought it was curious that the speaker and receiver I ordered were both shipped in original boxes alone. No double boxing.
  • apc
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Polk notified me that replacement grille is on the way. Good customer service always goes a long way :) !
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Awesome as usual CS!!