Optical Glitch

Options
Fireman99
Fireman99 Posts: 129
edited November 2003 in Troubleshooting
Not convinced the optical is to blame for this.... think my recever is sick.
When playing a movie and I press pause if i press pause again (step frame advance) then play the movie the voices and lip movements are out of sync! the more steps the further the voices are out. I have to stop the movie and then start again (at the same spot) to fix the problem. anyone else experiance this?
Dan
Recever AVR 8000
Amp PA 4000
CDR 26
Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
Center CSI 40 Bi wired
Surround FXI 30
Rear RTI 4
Sub PSW 140
Post edited by Fireman99 on

Comments

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited November 2003
    Options
    are you sending the dvd video out signal through the receiver or straight to the tv?

if you have it going straight to the tv, it would sound more like a problem with the dvd player.

if you have it going through the receiver, i would try sending it straight to the tv and see if that makes a difference.

also, if your dvd player has composite audio outputs, why not try sending that to the tv as well. completely remove the receiver, try the same thing and see if you still get it the sync problem.

Edit: It just seems to me that it sounds more like a DVD player issue.
  • Fireman99
    edited November 2003
    Options
    They both are going via the recever. I will try sending to T.V. straight and see if there is any diffrence. But I have herd of other H/K's having timming problems with the optical. Think I'm goint to switch the optical to coax and see if that cures it as well
    Thanx
    Dan
    Recever AVR 8000
    Amp PA 4000
    CDR 26
    Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
    Center CSI 40 Bi wired
    Surround FXI 30
    Rear RTI 4
    Sub PSW 140
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited November 2003
    Options
    out of sync! the more steps the further the voices are out.

if this is true AND the dvd player is working perfectly, that would mean your receiver would somehow have to be buffering the audio. i don't think this is possible right?

anyways, i hope something fixes it for you!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2003
    Options
    is beer somehow contributing to this phenomenon? :)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Fireman99
    edited November 2003
    Options
    lol If I was the only one seing this I would say it was a very good posability =) but since there was 6 others I would say it happened or maybe it was the 2 Kegs.........
    Dan
    Recever AVR 8000
    Amp PA 4000
    CDR 26
    Mains RTI 150 Bi wired
    Center CSI 40 Bi wired
    Surround FXI 30
    Rear RTI 4
    Sub PSW 140