RTI10 or LSI15

Options
Shell
Shell Posts: 134
edited November 2003 in Speakers
Has anyone compared the two? I read on this board that the LSI's are warm are the RTI's more bright? What exactly does warm mean? Not as crisp. What speaker do you think would sound better for HT and Rock, Jazz and Pop (disclaimer for the daughter and wife) music? The problem is stores that sell the LSi don't sell the RTI so I cannot get a direct comparison.

Thanks
Post edited by Shell on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Short and sweet version.

RT speakers are very nice all around speakers.They sound good on lower end gear.Home theater they excell at.I feel they do a better job here then music.

Lsi is a higher end sounding speaker that requires higher end gear.No Thousand dollar or lower reciever is going to cut it.If this is where you want to be be it a cheaper line of gear then the Lsi series is not for you.Now if your ready to shell out the required cash to get the Lsi series to sound correctly,then your game is here.Just remember if you own currently lower end gear,the Lsi series speakers will show off all there flaws.

Overall the Lsi series is an all around better series of speakers then the rt series are.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2003
    Options
    id agree with mantis and take a step further by saying you will probably want seperates with the lsi. rti series will be fine with your receiver. you will be happy either way. why would you want the rti10 though? id go for the rti8 and s subwoofer or the rti12.
  • Shell
    Shell Posts: 134
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Thanks Mantis and Airplay.

Airplay I have a sub so I think the RTi 12's would be overkill. I am not sure why you feel the 8 is better then the 10?? Would like to know.

I was going with Rotel 1055 but decided to go with Outlaw 950 pre and 770 amp. So I may still go with the LSI series.
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Shell

I was going with Rotel 1055 but decided to go with Outlaw 950 pre and 770 amp. So I may still go with the LSI series.

Interesting. Actually several people on here have used LSi's with good results on both of those pieces (1055, 770)

personally I would recommend the outlaw stuff, seperate components should last you longer than most any receiver, plus the 7 channels is nice, esp. if you have a big room.

The reason airplay recommends the 8's is that with polk's last iteration of the RTi series several people felt that the RTi70 outperformed the RTi150. So he may be thinking along those lines that the new 8 should outperform the 10 and the 12. One of the reasons people probably didnt like the 150's was because they weren't properly driving them. If you get the outlaw you should have no problem driving the 10's or 12's and should be happy.

Bottom line is not many people on here have much experience with the new line (8/10/12) yet, so your best bet is to go into the store and decide for yourself. This also goes for choosing between the RTi's and the LSi's. You may not be able to get a side by side demo, but if you spend a long enough time with each setup at different places I think you will want one more than the other.

good luck