tweater problem

Options
atcmtc
atcmtc Posts: 1
edited November 2003 in Troubleshooting
I bought an old set of LS90's and one of the tweaters are not working, so before I ordered a new one i pulled the one that was working and put in the other speaker and that one didn't work either, but it was working on the other speaker. The tweater is the SL6000. I don't know much about speakers but I would like to learn how to fix this problem, it's driving me nuts. If someone could help me I would really appreciate it, but be warned i may require some pretty specific instructions for I'm not the swiftest person in the world. Thanks

Bill:(
Post edited by atcmtc on

Comments

• pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Bill. Welcome to the Polk Forum!!

I am not too familiar with the LS90s at all but am sure that someone here will be.

Good troubleshooting so far. Unfortunately, you may have a bum crossover network. The tweeter that wasn't working, did you try to put it on the speaker that was working? That will eliminate the additional problem that the "questionable" tweeter is blown.

Now for the crossover network. You can contact Polk Customer Service (Ken) and see what he can do for you.

Someone else might have some better ideas. Fortunately, I have never had problems like this with my Polk speakers.

Paul
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2003
    Options
    Hello,
    Make sure the binding post jumper plates are in position on the back of the speaker. In other words, look on the back of the cabinet and make sure there is a jumper plate linking the two black binding posts and another jumper plate linking the two red binding posts. If you don't see the binding post jumper plates then use a short piece of speaker wire to link the black binding posts together and the red binding posts.
    Regards, ken