Solar Flares....

Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited October 2003 in Troubleshooting
Had one of those "WTF-is-wrong-with-my-rig" days yesterday. Had been a long, long time since the last episode. Hollow, near tinny sound at any decent listening level. Turn it down, turn it down...

Normal lazy listening is to cable, Music Choice, classic rock. Yesterday swapping to CD helped some, but still the sound was off some...

Today, crank it up... Full and smooth... even on the cable source, and they've got some good tunes spinning today...

Heard about the solar flare that was bombarding Mother Earth and figure maybe that was it...

Anyone else have a bad audio day yesterday???
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD

Comments

• dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited October 2003
    Ya, sort of, I've been burning in a new power cord for the CD player though. I would have just pegged it to that.

No spinning in the last few days.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2003
    I do agree that a solar flare effects rf transmissions but I did not notice an issue on my HT rig. I did not listen to any music from HDTV but was playing cd's, dvd-a and sacd.

probably was the few beers I had that reduced my senses :D

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***