PSW125 fuse

Options
paulspychala
paulspychala Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in Troubleshooting
While listening to music, the psw125 went out today. I went to try to check the fuse, however I noticed that my back plate looks a little different than the one posted on the website
747192117719_3.jpg

There are a few minor differences, however the important part is that the AC plate is a tiny different and has no fuse below it. The sub is only < 2 years old and it really shouldn't be that outdated.

Are there different locations of fuses for PSW125's?.
Post edited by paulspychala on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hello paul,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I believe there are two versions of the bass amplifier. Your fuse would be located on the other side of the input plate. To find them:
    1). unplug the AC power cord and take out the screws that go around the circumference of the input plate.
    2). use a putty knife to loosen the input plate from the cabinet and pull the complete input plate away from the cabinet.
    3). the AC fuse will be located near where the power cord goes through the metal input plate.
    Regards, Ken
  • paulspychala
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I do believe that the input plate is glued or otherwise practically impossible to get lose, are they any other people who had success removing this? Any tips? Just put more muscle into it? any more and I do feel like im just going to break the sucker appart.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hello,
    Another approach is to remove the 10" woofer and push on the amplifier's input plate from the inside, maybe have a second person "catch" the amp. Be sure to use a putty knife and loosen up the back plate.
    Ken
  • paulspychala
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I am pretty sure the psw125 has a 12" woofer, does that change anything?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    No, the recommendation would be the same, just a different woofer diameter.
  • zeeshan
    zeeshan Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi guys, I ve the same psw125 black sub that has stopped working and the green light is not turning On. It started giving me some strange noise as soon I would turn the power on , then like Air pressure releasing in intervals. In this time the light would turn on and off ..finally it turned off for good. Is it the fuse again?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. If the AC fuse opens up it could be indicative of a problem with the bass amplifier. Usually owners will try replacing the fuse with the same value and type and see if the fuse functions. When you say, "fuse again?" does this mean you've had a fuse problem before?
    Regards, Ken
  • kbarnes89
    Options
    I’m also having a blowing fuse issue.
  • Dmunza
    Dmunza Posts: 1
    Options
    What amp size does the woofer take?