Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,528
    Well, between both cabinets there are 26 speakers. So it is only $192 per speaker.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,363
    edited June 27
    Inflation... actually with the popularity of this forum you'd think that vintage Polks should be quite valuable. Some of us are "speaker rich"
    One foot on audio nirvana and the other in the poor house.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,275
    edited June 27
    These are comparably more affordable, no affiliation.
    1.2TL's have eluded me so far and these would complete my collection. However I'd need to be closer to 1500 dollars. bicpb8y73c4m.jpg
    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/bullhead-city-polk-audio-signature/7144423684.html
    la2vegas wrote: »
    1.2TL's have eluded me so far and these would complete my collection. However I'd need to be closer to 1500 dollars. bicpb8y73c4m.jpg
    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/bullhead-city-polk-audio-signature/7144423684.html

Nice! Very Early 1.2 TL's
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,520

Offer $1500, he might take it.
    2-channel
    Belles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Magnepan LRS, Polk Audio SDA-SRS, AudioQuest Cable throughout. Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 (soon)
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,934
    xsmi wrote: »

Original Owner 1.2TL's. Kinda rare in itself, I'd be on em if I were closer.

SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,150
    xsmi wrote: »

Original Owner 1.2TL's. Kinda rare in itself, I'd be on em if I were closer.

Yup.
    Original owner Polk speakers generally are in great condition and I'd pay a bit more knowing that.

The original or inherited speakers I've bought have been great buys. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ptrooperptrooper Posts: 406
    Sorry ,thought he wanted 5k , 2k's a bargain ,i'd be all over them if they were down under!
    I'll have to pass on the 1.2TL's. The seller insists on getting 2000 dollars for them and not a penny less. :'(
    WTF aren't they close to me! I'd gladly pay 2K. They look immaculate!
    audioluvr wrote: »

Are you near Laughlin?
    No Portland, OR. The only Polks we ever see here are 5jr's
    Truth be told 1.2TL's dont come up too often in SoCal either. This is probably the third pair I've seen locally in about 6 years.
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,169
    audioluvr wrote: »

Are you near Laughlin?

Laughing..... one of the few places I'd like to retire in. Laughing or Bullhead City!
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,497
    I paid significantly more than that for mine as the good stuff isn't normally found cheap. They also ended up being economical in the long run as they've stopped the speaker go round here since 2011.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,320
    JayMX wrote: »
    Oooh I am sooooooo tempted. Only a couple hours away...

6edthv0192x6.jpg
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,150
    edited July 4
    600.00 bucks? :o

That just might be worth the 4hr. round trip. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,775

If these are not in your personal possession by the end of the day today, I will risk the Wuhan Flu to come to your door and personally beat you senseless.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • jim 249jim 249 Posts: 347
    Just had to see if my speakers had showed up here yet and here they are. Getting ready to move on down south so I am trying to sell them on CL. Stuff is hard to sell here in Twin Falls county.
    I do have someone coming to look sometime this week, so they say. If no sale off to St George UT they go.
  • engie490engie490 Posts: 10
    jim 249 wrote: »
    Just had to see if my speakers had showed up here yet and here they are. Getting ready to move on down south so I am trying to sell them on CL. Stuff is hard to sell here in Twin Falls county.

Would you entertain uship???

No. They would be way to expensive to ship. Thanks
  • engie490engie490 Posts: 10
    It's fine if you don't want to, but uship estimate is $281.
  • machonemachone Posts: 1,245

Run don't walk
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • JayMXJayMX Posts: 311
    jim 249 wrote: »
    I do have someone coming to look sometime this week, so they say. If no sale off to St George UT they go.
    If it falls through you can drop them off to me in Farmington on your way past. I’ll make you a deal... Could even possibly trade a smaller pair of SDA's and some cash. PM me if you want to discuss options. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 2 (SL2000)

Repair pile: SRS 3.1TL (198’s), SDA CRS, (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

Pairs that have passed through:
    Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10c (3x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, SDA 2, SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2

...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,775
    Let Jay grab these so we can keep them in the family. It's hard to watch a nice pair like these go to anybody else...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    They will be packed at the front of the truck with all the rest of the heavy stuff and I have way too many speakers as it is. No more new to me speakers.