Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Hmmmm nice
    I still think they're the OP's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Not that it is *cough* Definitive proof, but the turntable in the person's Club Polk avatar doesn't match the turntable, floor, or room in the 2 listings that the link leads to.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    It's very possible that @LoStrings has been a lurker for a while and used this find as a way to introduce and enamor themselves with the CP group...

Or they're just being very sneaky >:)
  • Those are TL's gents. Interesting first post but I will afford the benefit of the doubt here and say welcome to the club.

Thank you for the welcome, again, I am in no way owner, or know of the owner of those speakers...I seen them on OfferUp, and thought I would just pass them on.
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    LoStrings wrote: »
    Those are TL's gents. Interesting first post but I will afford the benefit of the doubt here and say welcome to the club.

Thank you for the welcome, again, I am in no way owner, or know of the owner of those speakers...I seen them on OfferUp, and thought I would just pass them on.

Please accept my sincere apology then.

Welcome to club Polk
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Those are TL's gents. Interesting first post but I will afford the benefit of the doubt here and say welcome to the club.

^^^ Agreed. Only an idiot would try to sell 1.2tl's on OfferUp anyways!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    So 1.2Tl’s for 15 hundie OBO. Deal?

Welcome btw @LoStrings. Tell us about your setup. I’ve been on CP for a couple of months. Don’t worry, The guys here seem kinda rough at first but they’re all lovable little teddy bears! Except @F1nut of course, he’s a real bear!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    ... don't forget Russ.
  • verb
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ... don't forget Russ.

That dude is scary!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    verb wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ... don't forget Russ.

That dude is scary!

You have no idea!!

So 1.2Tl’s for 15 hundie OBO. Deal?

Don’t worry, The guys here seem kinda rough at first but they’re all lovable little teddy bears! Except @F1nut of course, he’s a real bear!

F1nut eats griz for breakfast........ alive
  • Thanks guys...yes it was a little rough, but I get it. About two weeks ago I acquired a Original set of SRS SDA's that I purchased off of Ebay from the original owner. I happened to live up the street from the seller, so I ran over there to grab the deal. I am not sure, but I think @Verb was interested in this same set, because when I was looking at these, the seller told me a guy from Michigan was interested, and I was looking at this thread, and I seen @Verb talking about these Polk's. Anyway, I am in love with these because of the SDA. I mostly own Horn's (Altec Lansing Model 19's x4,EV sentry 3's, Altec 809C Bolero's, EV sentry 500's) so the SDA is a new experience for me. I really enjoy the sound stage they present. I've been looking at the mod's, and I am planning to start my list after I get more listening time with them. This is a great site for any Polk enthusiast, for the information, and camaraderie. I am hoping to learn as much as I can so I can get the most out of these speakers.
  • verb
    Did you buy em from a guy in Frankfort?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    ioasjd1cwj2w.jpg

did yours look like these?
    I have a pair of RSIIIa, and they have ousted my SDA-2B. It may boil down to EMIT tweets vs soft silk-dome.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • FestYboy
    jdjohn wrote: »

Don't inquire, just get them. That's a killer deal.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    @LoStrings so i take it your local to me? Im in Bolingbrook
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • verb wrote: »

Yes...

• erniejade wrote: »
    @LoStrings so i take it your local to me? Im in Bolingbrook

I'm in Orland Park.
  • erniejade
    I dj and ran karaoke at centennial on 159th and harlem for years. Did gou hit up the taste of orland over the summer?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I'm looking at a piece in Winnetka, IL right now myself........ trying to see if anyone is close enough to help load it up for me if I end up buying it lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    @EndersShadow . You know i would run for ya if you need anything.
  • EndersShadow
    erniejade wrote: »
    @EndersShadow . You know i would run for ya if you need anything.

Might hit you up..... I can tell you it wont fit in your car, so we'd have to take mine :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade wrote: »
    I dj and ran karaoke at centennial on 159th and harlem for years. Did gou hit up the taste of orland over the summer?

My wife and I go every summer, we enjoy seeing American English, the Beetle tribute band.
  • erniejade
    We were there for American English and the night before for 7th heaven. Both are fantastic to watch!

@EndersShadow remember i have the sienna. With the seats out, i can fit 4 18" subs, 6 tops plus my mixer for DJ rig.
  • EndersShadow
    erniejade wrote: »
    We were there for American English and the night before for 7th heaven. Both are fantastic to watch!

@EndersShadow remember i have the sienna. With the seats out, i can fit 4 18" subs, 6 tops plus my mixer for DJ rig.

Muahahahahaha........ I replied to your PM..... wheels are turning, and its late..... so its BLUEFOX time :wink:
  • verb
    edited February 2018

Yes...
    You bought my speakers! Good for you! I’m happy for you. I’m actually interested in the 1.2’s in south holland that you posted. A bit too far for me right now. I do a lot of traveling for my job. Not to Chicago though!

• [/quote]
    You bought my speakers! Good for you! I’m happy for you. I’m actually interested in the 1.2’s in south holland that you posted. A bit too far for me right now. I do a lot of traveling for my job. Not to Chicago though![/quote]

I Posted those hoping you would see them. If you were going to go to Frankfort, I think South Holland would be a bit closer..maybe worth the drive.
  • nbrowser - WOW! That's a steal.... he'll be stealing the sucker's money who pays that much for them! *smh*
  • "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited February 2018
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great price even with that :s tweeter!

Good condition for their age, sound great, they say. Yea, right.

You are so correct on needing a new tweeter. :s .LOL.

A blind man could tell it's broken, if you know what I mean! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.