Thoughts on pioneer elite vsx-52 ???

jlp1313
jlp1313 Posts: 52
edited June 2012 in Electronics
I just bought a pioneer elite vsx-52 for $600 and a 4yr in house warrenty for $89 @ bb yest. Got it hooked up to rti a5 fronts bi-amped, csi a4 center, rti a1 rear, psw10 sub. Was using an onkyo tx-nr609 and it was good, but this pioneer is amazing. Any tweaks or how to make it more user friendly remote is somewhat challenging, and i ran audesy and it keeps sayn my rear left is in reverse phase i checkd it an its set up proper ?????
AVR: PIONEER ELITE SC-55, FRONT: RTI A7's, CENTER: CSI A4, REAR: RTI A1's, SUB: DSW550wi, TV: SAMSUNG UN55C8000 , ETHEREAL: SUPER OUTLET.
Post edited by jlp1313 on

Comments

• jlp1313
    edited June 2012
    fixed the audesy issue sounds great, just would like some input before my 30 day return is up thanks...
    AVR: PIONEER ELITE SC-55, FRONT: RTI A7's, CENTER: CSI A4, REAR: RTI A1's, SUB: DSW550wi, TV: SAMSUNG UN55C8000 , ETHEREAL: SUPER OUTLET.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited June 2012
    Speaking from experiance here. You may want to add a few humdred and get the sc-series. I bought a vsx-33 last year. Allthough i do like it. In hindsite i wish i would have spent a little more to get the sc. Probably would have saved me the exspence of adding an aditional power amp. Buyers remorse sucks. All's well now with the amp.
  • jlp1313
    edited June 2012
    i was goin to get the SC-55 for $900&89 for warranty but the vsx-52 was around $250 cheaper ,but still thinkn of gettn the sc-55. im goin to try this for a wk and c ...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,143
    edited June 2012
    First off you don't have Audyssey , you have MCACC which is from Air Studio's. For your system , the VSX-52 is a very nice choice especially for what you paid , good job there my friend.

If one speaker is out of phase , it could be due to some strange reflections the mic is picking up. You have direct firing surrounds in the 1's so maybe you have the positioned really poorly? Either way I would go over your setup and placement , run MCACC , make sure it's dead silent when doing so and your good.

I also feel Elite receivers sound much better then the Onkyo models do. Shame 2 as I really like the preamp section of them and they have good dynamic range.

Going with a SC model will be another jump is sound quality , for $250.00 bucks really? It's years of enjoyment. This is not a place where you want to save a few bucks. Better receivers always yields better overall sound quality and performance. In your system's case though , you are good witht e 52 so it's not necessary. But on purchase I would have pushed you into the SC models.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jlp1313
    edited June 2012
    lol.. my mistake , i found that the pos n neg were flipped so MCACC was rite n it sounds amazing .. im goin to feel it out for a wk or two and then fig out if i will go for the SC-55 .. do u think the SC will b to much for my speaker setup ?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,143
    edited June 2012
    Honestly I think your fine. Spend the extra money on other things like software , better wire , or go out and get a nice diner. The VSX-52 is really all you need for that speaker package. It'e perfectly matched.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jlp1313
    edited June 2012
    thanks alot....
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited June 2012
    It sounds like you want us to tell you its a garbage piece or something.

Does it do what you want? Sound great? Work great? Future proof if need be?

Why question it? Are you unhappy with it?