The AMP project... the final chapter has begun.

Options
13»

Comments

• Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Two words man... bad ****.
  • edoggrc51
    edoggrc51 Posts: 584
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Those look great John. I remember seeing them at Doug's house when we had the small GTG a while ago. But I think at the time it was just the empty cases. Again a big congratulations and I'm sure that as good as they look, they sound even better!

-Eric
    Denon 4311ci
    MINIdsp OPEN-DRC
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Quad DIY LMS Ultra subs (powered by dual IPR-7500 amps)
    Panny AE-8000u
    2:35 110in Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

2ch: Emotiva Stealth 8's, Airport Express
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Congrats! They look great, and that goofy guy next to you seems decent as well... :lol:
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited July 2012
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=72988&d=1342496896

John..... was that shirt made in China by any chance :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Is that a P-51 Mustang on the wall behind the amps? Is Bob Carver an aircraft aficionado?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I know i should bite my tongue but here we go....can bob get his pants up any higher??

A serious congrats to you. We've all been reading your threads and living vicariously through you on this journey. The question is, now that you've finished those, what's next?
    Do you have a rough idea of the time invested in these would be?
    When are you going to post these in the Flea Market? and what if we only want to buy 1? Will you ship UPS? :cheesygrin:
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Bob is a huge aviation enthusiast, and the Mustang is his favorite bird. It will also serve as a point of inspiration for my next set of amplifiers.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 904
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So, you building a stereo amp in the shape of an Allison V12 or a Rolls Royce Merlin?
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Where are the pictures of Bob's 2-channel setup and home theater? :razz:
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Bob's two channel setup is a working lab at the moment. The new ALS speakers sounded very good, but are still being voiced.

I am beginning to think my tube per is the weak link in my rig, as the amps sound better through my Pioneer Elite than through the Sunfire for two channel.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Congratulations John! You put a lot of work into those amps I hope you enjoy them for a long, long time.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks again to all for the kind words and generous support. Without you guys, there is little doubt this project would have ended much differently. I am going to take some time to reflect on the journey, what went right (and wrong) and plan my next project. I will also keep my word and offer these out to a few members to enjoy for a time, so long as a review of some kind is posted. I will also offer up my impressions once I have had time to properly evaluate them. For now, I will say simply this...

TUBES RULE!!!

• edoggrc51
    edoggrc51 Posts: 584
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey John, if youre ever in Fontana Id' LOVE to see what some REAL tube amps can do to my line arrays. Ive used some tube integrates before, but never some full on mega tube monoblocks.

Again, congrats on the amps, absolutely beautiful!
    Denon 4311ci
    MINIdsp OPEN-DRC
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Quad DIY LMS Ultra subs (powered by dual IPR-7500 amps)
    Panny AE-8000u
    2:35 110in Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

2ch: Emotiva Stealth 8's, Airport Express
  • jdustinb
    jdustinb Posts: 34
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Those amps are a thing of inspiration. Beautiful and impressive to say the least. Thanks for sharing!
    HT: Samsung UN55ES7100 | Denon AVR-3312CI | Polk Audio RTiA9 | CSiA6 | F/XiA6
    --
    Basement: Denon AVR-4800 | JBL Lancer 99 - Type E8-99 - LX4-1 crossover
    --
    On the hunt for: Emotiva XPA-2 | Outlaw LFM-1 Plus
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks JD. They are the best pieces of audio gear I have ever owned, and are a delight to listen to. I sent a reply to your PM... I would be happy to help in any way I can if you decide to go down this road, but the cosmetics are up to you.:cool: They were a pain in the a$$ to get right, and still there are things I would do differently.