DIY coffee table made from old mixer

2»

Comments

• ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 726
    edited December 2012
    Thought i'd post a few better photos that show off the internal LED lighting!

IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • ambiophonics
    edited December 2012
    Anyone know how to post photos so they open in a popup box that allows you to scroll through all photos without opening a new window?
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,580
    edited December 2012
    Looks pretty cool!

Outta curiousity how are the LED's powered and I am assuming they are multicolored? How do you change what color they are?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ambiophonics
    edited December 2012
    The LED's run off 12V which is routed through the bottom of the coffee table, I mounted the LED controller to the bottom of the coffee table (see photo below) which has buttons to change the colors etc (also a microphone which allows the LED's to change color with the music). Of course the lights can also be turned on/off with the harmony remote too! :)

IMG_0218.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    The LED's run off 12V which is routed through the bottom of the coffee table, I mounted the LED controller to the bottom of the coffee table (see photo below) which has buttons to change the colors etc (also a microphone which allows the LED's to change color with the music). Of course the lights can also be turned on/off with the harmony remote too! :)

Gotcha, so I take it the plug runs under the carpet into a wall outlet somewhere. Thats pretty awesome it can change color with the music, bet it makes for a great conversation piece when you have a party going on :smile:....

P.S. this is giving me ideas for my office BTW of doing something similar.......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ambiophonics
    edited December 2012
    Yep - power runs under the orange rug to an outlet. Everyone that stops by has bad positive comments about the coffee table - it hard to miss when you walk into the living room!

What ideas do you have for your office?
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2012
    Yep - power runs under the orange rug to an outlet. Everyone that stops by has bad positive comments about the coffee table - it hard to miss when you walk into the living room!

What ideas do you have for your office?

Thinking about maybe making a desk but on the inside have all the working and running compnents for the computer..... that or honestly debating jocking your style entirely and dropping by the pawn shop/dump to see what fun electronic components from days of yore are lying around...

Still kicking stuff around in my head...
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2012
    Certainly unique, cool idea man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2